Suits Optional... Customer Service Representative - 12 month contract
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Role-playing Games has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Rep contractor to join our team.
This position will provide the highest standard of customer support for all Wizards of the Coast products. This includes, but is not limited to, live chat, forum and email support for Wizards digital and analog games.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Receive and respond to inbound customer contacts in a knowledgeable, accurate and timely manner.
- Providing customers with responses/solutions in a positive, professional and courteous manner is a prerequisite of this position.
- Demonstrate professionalism and good judgment in performing responsibilities and interacting with managers, customers, developers, team members, and outside authorities.
- Assist in supporting Wizards Organized Play and the Wizards Play Network program.
- Support and assist in the development of the business through continuing community outreach.
- Representative will be responsible for resolving technical support requests from customers.
- Understand what information is proprietary and keep this information confidential.
- Uphold team standards, policies, and values at all times.
- Ensure excellent customer service is upheld at all times.
- Relay customer concerns and problem trends to Leads and Managers.
- Gather and enter data from support interaction into designated software.
- Maintain expert working knowledge of current and upcoming Wizards of the Coast products.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule. Will be necessary to work weekends and holidays.
- Excellent computer skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of Magic: TCG, Dungeons & Dragons, Magic Online or a familiarity with MMO computer games is very much required.
- Able to learn and adapt quickly in a demanding customer service environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, aggressive environment.
- Self-motivated with ability to establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Effective communication skills (see list below):
- Active listening
- Good written and Oral Communication skills
- Building rapport
- Expressing empathy
- Ability to de-escalate a call and/or e-mail
- Basic computer literacy, including the ability to send, and effectively manage inbound e-mail required.
- Working knowledge of the following programs preferred: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Internet Explorer
- Ability to work effectively with strong attention to detail required.
- Strong customer focus and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work with team to improve and develop processes as needed.
- Excellent follow through skills.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and customers.
Prior Related Experience:
- Two or more years of experience in the customer service field, including phone support, required.
- Experience providing Billing and Technical support desired.
- Strong knowledge of Wizards’ games and products required.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Job Segment: Customer Service Representative, Technical Support, Customer Service, Technology
Date: Sep 26, 2018
Requisition ID: 5682