Code of Conduct
Last Updated: April 27, 2011
All community and social networking aspects of the Site and/or the Services are subject to the Code of Conduct (often referred to as “the CoC”). This includes, without limitation, account names, group/clan names, profile content, blog content and comments, chat and forum activity, e-mail or private messages to Wizards of the Coast staff.
Violation of the Code of Conduct rules is grounds for your Site account(s) and/or Services to be terminated. Termination includes you forfeiting all product/content associated with and/or contained in your account(s) and being no longer permitted use of our online services or tools in any way. Wizards of the Coast staff are the final judges of whether a member’s behavior qualifies as inappropriate or a disruption. This Code of Conduct is subject to change at any time at Wizards of the Coast's sole discretion.
1. Choose your account’s screen names carefully. Screen names that are deemed offensive may be modified or deactivated without notice. For example:
2. Do not use, post, distribute or link to obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, graphically or gratuitously violent, derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, offensive, hateful or discriminatory language or content. This includes "masking" language by using alternative characters/spelling /spacing to get around profanity filters or claims of profanity filter “testing."
3. Do not harass, bully, threaten, harm or cause discomfort for other persons, including any other members. For example:
4. Do not promote, plan, glorify or engage in any illegal activity or otherwise make available content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense. These topics include crimes relating to drugs, drug paraphernalia, rape, solicitation of a minor, computer hacking, and copyright violation.
5. Do not impersonate other persons, including members or Wizards of the Coast staff, by screen name or self-representation, or attempt to obtain sensitive information from other members. For example:
6. Do not disrupt chat, forums, blog comments or other communication channels. For example:
7. Do not advertise. This includes:
8. Do not attempt to use or gain access to another's accounts or service, engage another member under false pretenses or otherwise defraud another member. Anyone linking to, posting, distributing or promoting hacks, modifications, viruses, or password mining websites may face legal action in addition to normal account penalties.
9. Do not attempt to artificially alter the outcome of a league, sanctioned event, or organized game. For example:
Explanation of Disciplinary Escalation and Procedures
Moderators issue formal warnings, by post, private message or email when a member has made a Code of Conduct infraction. Depending on the severity of the infraction, Wizards of the Coast may issue a warning, timed suspension or termination of the account.
This explanation of disciplinary procedure is meant to be a guideline for members to understand what their status may be with regard to the process. It is only a guideline and Wizards of the Coast may deviate from this procedure at any time in any manner it deems appropriate without notice. A specific chat, forum, list or online game situation may require other measures to ensure the family orientation of the Site and Services.