User Acquisition Manager
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Marketing, Brand & Community Management
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards of the Coast is looking for a results-oriented, innovative User Acquisition Manager to support our flagship brands as key a member of our Digital Marketing & Player Lifecycle Management team.
Whether the goal of a digital marketing campaign is to drive installs, further engagement, or reconnect with lapsed players, this team is responsible for making it happen. You’ll be responsible for finding new and cost-effective ways to attract users, while continuously optimizing our media strategy and effectiveness.
The person hired for this role is highly experienced in structuring ambiguous problems, applying sound business judgment, and communicating complex issues effectively. Since opportunities to improve media performance are not always obvious, it is critical for this role that you are a self-starter and extremely curious and creative in how you analyze and leverage insights from multiple data sources.
All of this takes vision, dedication, and extremely talented people who will pursue only the very best work possible. If that sounds like you, then we welcome you to apply.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD:
• Drive growth of our active player numbers through the design and execution of targeted user acquisition campaigns
• Identify the highest impact testing opportunities, prioritize, execute, track results, and communicate to product and marketing teams
• Manage external agencies as needed, ensuring targets related to the planning and execution of ad buys, campaign implementation, testing, and results are attained
• Optimize ongoing user acquisition efforts by deriving actionable insights from key business drivers, competitive environment, and operating metrics
• Lead KPI development and tracking across all user acquisition-related functions
• Develop and share timely updates on acquisition performance metrics, marketing ROI, and consumer LTV
• Serve as a global lead for digital user acquisition, driving alignment with our globally-distributed regional teams
• Partner with Market Research and Business Intelligence teams to develop and deploy advanced targeting, insights, and analytics in support of digital acquisition efforts
• Define and update processes and any necessary documentation to drive transparency, consistency, and replicability of established digital marketing operations and opportunities
• Stay up-to-date on emerging digital marketing trends and developments through industry affiliations, professional networks, and conference attendance
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Castings these Spells:
• 5+ years of user acquisition or related digital marketing experience successfully developing and executing acquisition campaigns and programs within the digital and/or hobby gaming fields
• Significant, direct experience in web-based or mobile performance marketing
• Structured and analytical thinking, with a bias for actions that drive measurable impact and execute successfully
• Solid understanding of gaming analytics, such as acquisition and engagement funnel KPIs
• Technical skills to run advanced data analysis in Excel and Tableau (or similar software)
• Talent for synthesizing data and complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
• Ability to manage internal and external creative groups to drive cost-effective, superior work
• Must be proactive, resourceful, and insightful to anticipate shifting business needs
• Versatility to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
• Intense curiosity and drive to experiment and learn
• Knowledge of digital gaming and the gaming industry required
• Knowledge of, and passion for, Magic: The Gathering a huge plus
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required, preferably with a concentration in marketing, statistics, or related coursework
• MBA preferred
• Up to 5-10% of time
TIME EXPECTED TO REACH FULL PERFORMANCE LEVEL IN POSITION:
• 3 months
• Standard office environment
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast