Wizards of the Coast, (‘WotC’) is one of the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games. Hasbro SA, which is based in Delemont Switzerland, sells WotC products in Europe through its distributor Hasbro European Trading BV, (‘HET’). WOTC Europe is part of this local Hasbro entity and provides services to HET.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical Producer to join the Magic: The Gathering Arena production team. The ideal candidate is a passionate, talented, experienced individual with a proven track record of leading teams to global success and who is eager to join us in our drive to elevate Wizards’ digital efforts to be best in class.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Technical Producer, you will manage a squad of developers focused on specific technical problem areas within Arena development. As a key part of the production team, you are expected to coach and inspire other producers – as a member of Wizards’ Digital Game Studio, you are expected to foster strong positive relationships with shared component teams within the company. The role works closely with Product Owners, Technical Leads, and other key project leaders to successfully execute on all critical milestones.
- Work with your squad to break out project deliverables and scope objectives accordingly
- Coordinate the work of cross-functional development components which impact your features and content deliveries
- Anticipate and address potential problems like resource blockers, quality concerns, and scope changes
- Clear and precise communication to your immediate squad, and throughout WotC at large
- Manage prioritization of tasks, bugs, design iteration, and user/tester feedback
- Build and maintain project backlogs, roadmaps, schedules and documentation
- Deliberately balance the needs of the players, the studio and the business using data-informed decisions
The successful candidate will have a strong mix of creative, leadership, technical, innovative and managerial experience from the live services gaming space.
- 3+ years of game industry experience, including at least one shipped AAA title
- Deep understanding of software development processes, project management, and agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in technical environments
- Self-driven, high-initiative individual who leads by example and fosters an ownership-mindset in the team but is willing to act when needed
- Experience leading, motivating, and driving teams to success in the live service game or software-as-a-service industries
- Excellent problem solving and issue management skills, including managing service outages in real time, any time, day or night
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Demonstrable experience as a Producer delivering regular features and updates for live service games, software-as-a-service teams, or equivalent
- Diverse experience with Jira for task management and bug tracking; including database setup, organization, and maintenance
- Extensive soft skills in dealing with the demanding circumstances of a live service game
- A passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
- Skill at managing difficult communication situations with executives, partners, and the team at large
- Experience with analytics gathering tools, such as Tableau
- PMP Certification
- College Degree or equivalent production experience
ABOUT WIZARDS OF THE COAST
Wizards of the Coast is a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games. Wizards’ Digital Game Studios team members have created, developed, and contributed to some of the most impactful and innovative game franchises over the last 20 years, including Asheron’s Call, Lord of the Rings Online, Crackdown – and of course, Magic: The Gathering.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Database, Testing, Project Manager, Technology
Date: Dec 19, 2018
Requisition ID: 8925