Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Producer to join our Technology Live Operations Team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As a producer, you will be expected to develop a deep technical knowledge of the supported products and agile development processes in order to ensure that technical solutions meet business objectives. You will partner with other Technical Producers in feature prioritization, tradeoffs and other business decision-making, and serve the technical team while working through the agile lifecycles.
You will work closely with your team, consisting of systems engineers, DevOps engineers, DBA’s, build engineers, network engineers, offshore/onshore operations teams and various technical and business stakeholders, as well as vendors.
You will be expected to orchestrate the efforts of these various roles and groups and look for gaps and opportunities to deliver and maintain products within constraints.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and expertise in the post deployment support for one or more shipped products through cross-functional management of multi-disciplinary teams focused on delivering expanding and maintaining excellent customer experiences.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Works with internal and external resources to facilitate the generation of development-ready, functional requirements and specifications to create realistic production schedules with detailed milestones and deliverables.
- Manages the implementation of functional and technical requirements for major/minor enhancements and feature developments from the product’s development and evolution.
- Supports enhancement of product and features of our products through analytics, QA processes and validation.
- Ensure assigned development goals and milestones are established, agreed upon, and achieved.
- Help identify and facilitate process, pipelines, and dependencies to enhance effectiveness between multiple team disciplines.
- Accountable for live operations of assigned digital services, products, games.
- Works with applicable key contacts in Design, Engineering and Content development to ensure objectives, strategies, and tactics are carried out in accordance with the Product planes and objectives.
- Leads and drives the development and implementation of new features, functionalities, products and games as defined in relationship with product leadership supporting established business goals.
- Directs/manages/coordinates cross-organization efforts to communicate, triage and resolve issues identified via internal / external customer communication to digital services, products, games, and features in a timely fashion.
- Ensures features, functionality, and user experience meet the business requirements.
- Manage expectations and timely communications with regards to status of Production Environment.
- Provide clear usability and stability trends / metrics to the Production team and upper management.
- Maintain regular communication between team members, management and other groups.
- Ensures that internal and external developers and other production resources meet deliverables and receive all necessary technical information.
Leadership / Management
- Provide strong leadership to the team by giving clear guidance, instructions and tasks.
- Manages / coordinates cross-organization execution efforts to ensure all relevant internal and external parties are apprised of plans and development schedules in regards to digital services, products and games.
This role will work directly with Producers to problem solve issues throughout production and all phases of product roll-out. You will work in an ongoing basis with business units throughout the company to resolve QA, design, technical, delivery, scope and schedule of product.
AM I QUALIFIED?
- 4+ years experience working as a Producer on an internal development team within the video game industry.
- 1+ years experience supporting a project in a live production environment.
- 1+ years working with a Project Management Software such as Microsoft Project, Jira or similar required.
- Released multiple products in a Production capacity.
- Prior production experience in online gaming.
- Strong understanding of QA and QA Processes.
- Experience collaborating with all levels on an organization.
- Experience triaging / prioritizing emergent issues in 24/7 production environment.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- You’re a gamer. You eat, sleep and breathe games.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Highly capable with requirements analysis, software development, databases, hardware, quality assurance, and technology operations.
- Strong production tool skills including mastery of Microsoft Office, and basic QA/Scrum tools.
- This position requires a strong independent worker who is self-motivated.
- Superior scheduling, organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast paced studio environment. Must be ready embrace ambiguity and take action.
Education and Training:
- BA, BS degree preferred however 5+ years of game industry or technology production experience would be an acceptable substitution.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.