WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As a technology producer, you are the liaison in and out of the engineering team. You ensure the team stays on track for deliverables, you track the team’s metrics to verify efficiency, and you escalate and report up when risks are identified. You enjoy efficiency and get satisfaction out of just-enough process with rules you know when and how to bend. Most importantly, you think being a good producer is about delivering great customer experiences on time while keeping your team’s morale up.
The technology producer must possess excellent skills in project management, communication, organization, and time-management. The technology producer must work well in collaborative teams and approach each task with a “customer first” outlook. Must be results-driven while being a positive influence on the engineering team.
- Ensures engineers complete sprint commitments on schedule.
- Tracks team metrics, including sprint burn down, defect rate, team velocity, and individual velocity and provides metric data to internal leadership team.
- Consolidates and documents releases, including build notes, change tickets, test scenarios, and impacts to other teams.
- Identifies release dates and coordinates requests for deployments.
- Coordinates and facilitates several reoccurring meetings such as: sprint demos, backlog grooming, sprint planning, retro meetings triage and daily scrums
- Identifies, mitigates, and escalates risks to project timelines or deliverables.
- Ensures every ticket has clearly documented requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Documents and tracks engineering team tasks, bugs, and stories.
- Provides updates on project trajectory to internal leadership.
- Provides weekly status reports to internal leadership team.
- Acts as first point of escalation for production issues.
- Coordinates production issue resolution with engineering team.
- Communicates with partners, stakeholders, customers, leadership, and technical resources during production issues.
- Address production issues for a 24X7 operation.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skill are a must have.
- Self-starter, self-motivated to do a great job.
- Positive outlook; leads by example.
- Ability to find deliverables, action items, and requirements out of ambiguity.
- Flexible, able to shift direction with the demands of the business and juggle competing priorities.
- Highly dependable and able to build trusting relationships with engineers and internal leadership.
- Direct, clear communication style, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with strict deadlines.
Education and Training:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Formal scrum training preferred.
Prior Related Experience
- Working knowledge of agile development processes.
- Experience in coordinating an internal team of at least 8-10 engineers.
- Working knowledge of project management and task management tools such as Microsoft Project, JIRA, Confluence, and VSTS.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a technology project manager or producer for an engineering team on both a live production service and a new service.
- Experience with deploying changes to existing (live) products and new products.
- Strong understanding of test processes.
- Experience collaborating with all levels within an organization.
- Experience triaging and prioritizing emergent issues in 24x7 production environment.
When applying for this position, please note at least one inconsistency you found within this job description in your cover letter.
Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.