The Retail Development Supervisor uses specialized knowledge of the Wizards Play Network (WPN) to lead the team of representatives to help grow the retail business of North America, representing over 3,000 WPN retailers, in new and exciting ways. Core team responsibilities include onboarding stores into the WPN and coaching them in best WPN practices.
This position will provide daily and weekly tactical guidance and direction to a team of 4-15 Development Reps. The supervisor is the highest level of escalation for daily issues and is also responsible for training, performance management, employee motivation, and meeting team goals.
This position will collaborate and communicate with global WPN leads to identify and elaborate on ways to better coach and guide WPN retailers. Additionally, this role collaborates with their direct manager to identify strategic campaigns for the team to create the most impact on business play metric.
The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of WOTC’s brands and play programs, a strong understanding of customer service best practices, a history of data-driven success, and demonstrable experience managing people.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Lead and develop superior service
- Lead service strategy to ensure we provide world class proactive service to our retail partners
- Perform quality assurance monitoring of reps consistently to ensure top quality work is being done
- Work closely with cross-functional groups to develop and deploy coaching tools that can reach a large retailer audience
- Communicate efforts with global retail development teams
- Take on and complete escalation calls resulting in a de-escalation
Improve consumers’ WPN play experiences
- Determine and maintain quality standards for WPN retailers, including thresholds for both onboarding and growth
- Lead continuous evaluation of and iteration on retailer orientation and developmental programs
- With guidance from your manager, identify data-driven targeted call campaigns to drive effective growth in key areas
- Filter incoming fraud reports and determine escalation path
- Handle high-level fraud warnings and terminations of the WPN
Identify and lead improvements
- Maintain and deliver reports as needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Identify bottlenecks and roadblocks and work cross-functionally to alleviate the problems
- Develop and refine new and existing business process in order to increase operational excellence
- Work closely with WER technology team to identify and prioritize bugs and features as appropriate
- Act as a SME on cross-functional teams to ensure the best interest of our teams are being recognized
Manage and develop team members
- Have regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports to identify concerns and road blocks early on
- Develop team members with a focus on targeted coaching technique and work effectiveness
- Foster a diverse team environment that celebrates new, innovative ideas
- Work with direct reports to ensure quality performance for all team members
- Understand and help develop team members’ career aspirations
The person in this role determines and executes solutions on problems that affect and relate to the North American WPN.
- Given a potentially vague or incorrect set of facts, gather information necessary to give an excellent resolution.
- Determine policies and processes we want to have and enforce on our team in order maximize retailer satisfaction balances with what is best for our business.
- Be able to assess a potential emergency and respond appropriately in a timely manner.
- Determine the best way to coach or assist a fellow employee on a potentially complex or escalated issue.
- Make evaluations on employee performance based on their adherence to a specified set of processes.
- Find ways to innovate and consistently deliver on performance results in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
AM I QUALIFIED?
- 1+ year(s) working with or within a hobby retail or sales environment.
- 1+ year(s) experience leading a team or in a supervisory role.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- In-depth knowledge of branded play strategy
- Experience in B2B support and development
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Some knowledge of SQL is preferred.
- BA/BS degree is preferred.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through its entertainment labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 5 on the 2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past seven years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).