Supervisor, Retail Customer Service
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: Sales and Retail Merchandising
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor to join our Retail Support team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Retail Support Supervisor will provide daily and weekly tactical guidance and direction to a team of 5-8 Support Reps in addition to providing assistance with Retailer contacts. The supervisor is the highest level of escalation for daily issues and is also responsible for training, performance management, employee motivation, and meeting team goals.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Training, Quality Assurance, & Employee Development
• Perform quality assurance monitoring for Retail Representatives monthly on their phone and email contacts.
• Have regularly one-on-one meetings with each rep to identify road blocks or concerns early as well as coach reps on performance and deliver feedback.
• Deliver training to new and existing employees as needed.
• Write and deliver employee quarterly & yearly conversations for all FTE employees on their team.
Escalated Wizards Play Network Support
• Answer Retailer questions regarding Organized Play, WPN Programs, events and tools.
• Oversee the maintenance of status, addresses, and roles for all Wizards Play Network locations in all territories.
• Provide admin support and knowledge for all Retail Support Systems (Oracle, Five9, OPIS, PRIME, etc).
• Evaluate and approve WPN member requests for additional Prerelease allocations for all territories.
• Be the final point of escalation of retailers related to the WPN, Organized Play, Direct Sales, and/or processes.
Team Workflow & Scheduling
• Manage the daily/weekly schedule for team members. This includes managing sick time, days off, overtime management, and ensuring that the team is properly staffed to handle workload for a given day.
• Set team priorities and objectives each day or as necessary.
• Monitor work progress and ensure work completion based on timeframes set by our yearly goals.
• Approve and sign all time cards for all reps.
Reporting & Process
• Maintain and deliver reports as needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
• Raise awareness to senior management of high priority or significant Retail issues or problems.
• Develop and refine new and existing business process in order to increase operational excellence.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Retail Development
• Trade Marketing
• Organized Play Operations
• CRM Application Administration
• Customer Service
• Given a potentially vague or incorrect set of facts, gather information necessary to give an excellent resolution.
• Determine the best way to handle a given contact in order to not only resolve the issue, but maximize satisfaction.
• Be able to assess a potential crisis or emergency situation and respond appropriately in a timely manner.
• Determine the best way to coach or assist a fellow employee on a potentially complex or escalated issue.
• Make evaluations on employee performance based on their adherence to a specified set of processes.
• Find ways to innovate and consistently deliver on performance results in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 3+ years working with or within a hobby retail or sales environment.
• 1+ year experience leading a team or in a supervisory role.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, aggressive, and entrepreneurial environment.
• 3+ years working in the customer service industry.
• Some knowledge of SQL is preferred.
Education and Training:
• High School Diploma or equivalency is required.
• BA/BS degree is preferred.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 4 Months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast