WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
- An experienced technology producer with a passion for esports?
- Excited to join a team dedicated to leveraging Magic: The Gathering’s 25-year history in competitive gaming and catapulting it to new heights in esports on its new digital platform, Magic: The Gathering Arena?
- Skilled in producing websites with excellent esports design and execution?
- Experienced in collaborating with game production and esports broadcast teams to create game features and broadcast tools to maximize viewing experiences and tournament operations?
- A fluid and flexible collaborator, able to complement your vision and expertise with the inputs of key stakeholders, and with a robust toolbox of skills to deal with a wide variety of people and situations?
- Excited about working on a lifestyle game that has been a part of gamers’ lives for 25 years, and to make it a part of their lives for 25 more?
Then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to consider. We’re looking for an Esports Sr. Technical Producer to produce best-in-class esports experiences for Magic: The Gathering. You will collaborate with the rest of the esports team, including the MTG Arena esports team, tabletop competitive gaming team, event management team, and video and content production team, as well as with the MTG Arena and TCG game studios, to deliver outstanding website and esports viewership experiences for our fans and deliver tangible business impact.
At Wizards of the Coast, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Website production: Advocate vision for and own the production of the Magic esports website, working with internal and external teams to deliver a best-in-class experience that promotes players, events, news, and partners
- Broadcast and streaming tools production: Own the production of plugins and other broadcast and streaming tools in collaboration with the esports video production team and MTG Arena studio, and working with internal and external teams
- Game features advocacy: Collaborate with the MTG Arena studio to advocate for impactful game features for tournament management and viewing experience
- Analytics and reporting: Develop and distribute management level reports to ensure alignment and understating of your projects and demonstrate ROI and growth
- Industry knowledge: Maintain intimate knowledge the competitive landscape, including awareness of industry, its trends, competitive intelligence and best practices
- Partner integration: Partner with business, content, and franchise teams to ensure that sponsors and partners are fully integrated
- Esports program design collaboration: collaborate with the immediate esports team to design and deploy best-in-class competitive programs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of the esports and competitive gaming industry, especially with regards to website experiences, tournament support tools, and viewing enhancements
- Strong communication, thought leadership, and collaboration skills, with the ability to work with colleagues of differing styles across the organization
- Strategic thinker with ability to manage multiple projects under deadlines and in complex and fluid business environments
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing development and project plans
- Excellent problem solving and issue management skills, including managing service outages in real time, any time, day or night
- Ability to select, manage, and motivate agencies to excellence
Prior Related Experience
- Significant experience in technology production, preferably in the esports, games, entertainment, sports, or related industry
- Specific experience as a website producer, preferably supporting live events
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with game development teams at AAA publisher
- May require up to 10% travel