Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Engineer to join our Digital Publishing team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
You will work on services and tools used by our game development partners both internal and external, as well as player facing web applications. This includes customer and developer portals, web based client applications, and browser workflows embedded in game clients. You will be involved at every stage of application development from defining requirements to supporting a live application. You will provide technical leadership for current generation web development and be the subject matter expert for everything Web/UI related on our team. You will be joining a new development organization and helping to redefine technology and software engineering at Wizards of the Coast. Come join us!
AM I QUALIFIED?
- 6+ years of software development experience in developing and maintaining world class web UI.
- You continually improve your skills and stay abreast of new technologies.
- You have broad familiarity with available concepts and patterns, and acquire a deep understanding of the tools you use every day.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where you can work on a wide variety of technologies and applications.
- You do your best work when you get to own the product from elaborating on needs with the customer to automating the deployment of the application.
- You strive to build the simplest solution possible for the task at hand.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Demonstrated ability to socialize knowledge and best practices.
- Knowledge of Unity3d is a plus.
- Experience with or interest in full stack development is a plus.
- We are using Kubernetes, Docker, Go, .NET Core, and AWS for backend services. Experience with any of these is a plus.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.