Sr. Game Designer, R&D
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Creative
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Games Desinger to join our Research & Development Team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
• A designer with experience architecting fun, accessible, and deep games and play experiences for a variety of different types of gamers?
• Passionate about Magic: The Gathering and excited to be part of designing its future?
• Experienced in a game design role in the game industry for a minimum of 3 years?
• Someone who considers themselves a gamer and is always thinking about games and game system?
• A great communicator who can effectively give and receive critical feedback?
• Comfortable leading teams of highly motivated and passionate designers to execute on a shared product vision?
• Knowledgeable about the landscape of contemporary TCG/CCG design?
Then we would love to talk to you about joining our Magic R&D Team as a Lead Designer.
R&D’s Designers conceptualize and execute on new experiences and products for our players and fans. These designers are frequently called on to lead product teams, which involve 3 to 12 months of dedicated work with a cross-functional team, as well as regular interaction with R&D leadership. We are looking for a game designer who loves Magic and wants to help enrich the Magic experience while working with fantastic people throughout Wizards of the Coast and its partners.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD:
• Provides vision for new game concepts and superior execution on existing concepts for Magic products and experiences.
• Leads product and experience design teams for Magic.
• Can work with existing vision and product strategy to deliver compelling content for Magic.
• Supports project teams and their participants and leaders as assigned/necessary.
• Represents R&D as an expert on technical aspects of game design, gaming industry trends, and Magic gaming consumer needs.
• Delivers all assigned products on-time, on-budget, and at high quality.
• Works closely with partners in Digital, CAPS, Marketing, and other departments.
• Improves Magic design processes.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with the Magic Brand team and the Digital Publishing team.
• Maintains current knowledge of competitors’ products, where applicable
The successful candidate must embody the Magic R&D principles –
• We are stewards of Magic.
• We are passionate about Magic.
• We believe Magic makes a difference.
• We focus on growing Magic’s audience.
• We believe in discovery, surprise, and strategy.
• We listen.
• We improve.We collaborate.
• We debate.
• We are inclusive and respectful.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast