Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Unity Developer to join our Magic Digital team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Software Developer is responsible for designing and implementing client technology for Magic Digital. You will be working with the latest technologies including cloud and Unity. You will be working in an agile environment that promotes freedom of thought and rewards innovative ideas and creative solutions. You will be working closely with a team of other developers, designers and artists. You will be responsible for clearly communicating technology designs and decisions within the team.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard
- Designs and implements solutions for Magic Digital in alignment with architectural designs and program needs.
- Implements functional specifications on targeted platform and languages.
- Performs literate programming, using adequate commenting and documentation tools.
- Adopts industry standard and team-specific coding practices.
- Participates in code reviews, unit testing, troubleshooting / analysis of your and other team member code.
- Must be able to work with a variety of other departments to create technical requirements for the client.
- Develops client systems and help others to build those systems.
- Understanding the technical challenges that arise from developing on multiple platforms.
AM I QUALIFIED?
- 3-4 years object-oriented design experience.
- 1-3 years of experience creating and shipping games.
- 2-4 years of experience working on client side of a client/server architecture.
- 2-4 years of experience in Unity3D development.
- 2-4 years working with C#.
- 2-4 years working with .NET.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Game development experience with multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Unity toolset and plugins.
- Ability to write readable and maintainable code.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.