Bring Your Brain….. Senior Software Engineering Lead
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a SeniorSoftware Engineering Leadto join our MAGIC DIGITALteam.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Senior Software Engineering Lead is responsible for leading a team who is designing and implementing technology for Magic Digital. You will be working with the latest technologies including cloud and Unity. You will be working in an agile environment that promotes freedom of thought and rewards innovative ideas and creative solutions. You will be working closely with a team of other developers, designers and artists. You will be responsible for managing the team as well as clearly communicating technology designs and decisions within the team.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 10+ years of experience in 2 or more major languages, i.e. C#.NET, C/C++, Java, etc
- 10+ years object-oriented design experience
- 5-8 years of experience with web systems, applications, and components
- 5-8 years of experience creating and shipping games
- 5-8 years of experience working with client/server architecture
- 1-3 years of experience managing software development teams
- Strong coding, debugging and problem solving
- Strong communication and collaboration
- Experience developing and supporting a live game service
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Game development experience with multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of software engineering, software engineering methodologies, and the impact of early decisions on later development stages of software projects
- Experienced and skilled at leading and coaching talented software developers
- Ability to write readable and maintainable code
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles
- Mentors and guides junior-level team members to improve in quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise on production environments
- Unity development and mobile development are a plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Manager, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Management
Date: Jan 23, 2019
Requisition ID: 9695