Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Senior Game Producer – APAC to join our Digital Publishing & Licensing team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards is looking for an experienced Sr Game Producer to shepherd the production of our digital games for the Chinese market. In this role, you would be responsible for working with both internal and external teams in coordination with our publishing partners in China to produce unique versions of Wizards new digital games for our global fans.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and expertise in driving successful execution for one or more digital games through cross-functional management of multi-disciplinary teams focused on delivering amazing customer experiences. This candidate must be fluent in Chinese and ideally have experience working closely with companies internationally.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Works with internal and external resources to facilitate in-depth technical, functional, and architectural design documents and create realistic production schedules with detailed milestones and deliverables.
- Develops detailed functional and technical requirements for bug fixes, major/minor enhancements and feature requests.
- Develops, maintains and communicates the roadmap progress on a regular interval.
- Drive for enhancement of product and features of our games through analytics and QA processes.
- Works with Brand, Design, and other Digital teams to ensure objectives, strategies, and tactics are carried out.
- Leads and drives the development, quality and implementation of new features, functionalities, adjustments to the assigned digital services, products and games as defined in relationship with the Key Stakeholders to grow revenues and/or customer/consumer engagement.
- Ensures features and functionalities, user interface and experience meet the business requirements.
- Manage expectations and timely communications with regards to status of deliverables.
- Provide clear context to the team and upper management for how the feature set fits into the larger game and market place, and how it serves and delights our fans.
- Maintain regular communication between team members, management and Design / Art Direction.
- Ensures that internal and external developers and other production resources meet milestones and receive all necessary information.
Leadership / Management
- Provide strong leadership to the team by giving clear guidance, instructions and tasks.
- Manages / coordinates cross-organization execution efforts to ensure all relevant internal and external parties are apprised of plans and development schedules in regards to digital services, products and games.
- This role will work directly with the EP of Digital Publishing to problem solve issues throughout production and all phases of product roll-out. You will work in an ongoing basis with business units throughout the company to resolve design, technical, delivery, scope and schedule of product.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Fluent in Chinese.
- 5+ years experience working as a Producer on an internal or external development team within the video game industry.
- Shipped at least 1 digital based game.
- Experience collaborating with all levels on an organization.
- Experience reconciling iterative software development with a waterfall project methodology, or a combination of waterfall and agile is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- You’re a gamer. You eat, sleep and breathe games.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Highly capable with requirements analysis, software development, databases, hardware, quality and technology operations.
- This position requires a strong independent worker who is self-motivated.
- Superior scheduling, organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced studio environment. Must be ready embrace ambiguity and take action.
Education and Training:
- BA, BS degree preferred however 5+ years of game industry or technology production experience would be an acceptable substitution.
- May require 1-4 trips per year to attend conferences or meet with partners.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.