Bring Your Brain...We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Game Designer to join our Digital Game Development team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Sr Game Designer provides design guidance for new Magic digital products and detailed feature design for features within those products. If you are a game designer who loves Magic and wants to help create awesome new products and experiences that enrich the Magic experience while working with fantastic people at Wizards of the Coast, then this is the job for you!
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- As a scrum team Product Owner, coordinate with team members across disciplines to bring amazing systems to life for players.
- Use data analytics, player feedback, and other information to make changes to live systems time to improve player engagement, retention, and fun!
- Deliver the design and guide the implementation of game features and systems with an eye for engagement, retention and monetization.
- Coordinate with the Game Director and other designers to maintain a shared design vision, and assist others in design challenges.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 5+ years of experience with different game genres and platforms preferred (e.g. RPG, social, online subscription)
- Experience acting as a Product Owner in an Agile environment
- Experience in feature design, and be able to create fun gameplay that drives social engagement
- 3+ years of passion and history involved with Magic or other TCGs as a player required
- 5+ years of experience implementing game systems or content in a game engine like Unity.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- In-depth knowledge of Magic’s digital offerings
- Able to lead and inspire a diverse team towards a common goal
- Able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, UX, production and business personnel
- Desire to create the best-in-class game in this genre and a passion for Magic The Gathering
- Tenacity in tackling difficult problems and analyzing them from different points of view to arrive at ideal solutions.
Education and Training:
- Bachelors Degree or commensurate work experience
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certification is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.