Suits Optional... Product Marketing Manager
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Brand Manager, Magic: The Gathering to join our product strategy team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
We have an immediate need for a results-oriented, innovative Product Marketing Manager to support our flagship game brand, Magic: The Gathering. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the international business needs of our global product portfolio. You will work with Regional offices to identify opportunities for new regional product specification, coordinate their localization needs, and help make decisions about how our global sales teams order their product mix. Partnering with internal resources, you will work to develop new products for our regional partners that will be designed to deepen player engagement or create new players in our developing regions. You will also work closely with the product team to identify key selling points for each new product release, and develop information flow to help all of our global sales teams make informed decisions about how to market and sell our products. This will include creating internal documentation, leading weekly international conference calls, and leading presentations to global teams and external business partners.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in product management and/or product marketing, internal communication management, superior execution of projects from planning through delivery, a passion for product development, and an affinity for games or other lifestyle brands. A working knowledge of and passion for Magic: The Gathering is a huge asset, and experience dealing with the challenges of an international business are a strong plus.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Magic Brand Strategy, you will:
- Work with designers and developers to gain a deep understanding of our tabletop product portfolio, then curate a method of clearly communicating key selling points of new product releases to global sales and marketing teams.
- Work with regional sales teams to decide which products should be localized, and in to which languages. Then work with our production teams to manage implementation of those decisions.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to internal cross-functional teams as well as regionally located marketing and sales teams with regards to our global product portfolio.
- Prepare and deliver product presentations, both to internal teams and to external business partners
- Work with our internal web teams to ensure that online product pages are optimized and accurate.
- Work with our consumer insights team to identify regional consumer needs that can be met with new product idea or adjustment to existing products.
- Act as liaison with creative and marketing departments responsible for various elements of products and marketing campaigns.
- Analyze and report on performance and ROI of product releases and adjust plans to optimize.
- Act as point person for the Magic Product team with regards to licensed merchandise and play accessories.
- Monitor and report on consumer reaction and generate consumer insight driven marketing proposals.
- Research and communicate current market trends and competitive activity to identify new business opportunities.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in product management, product marketing, and/or product development, preferably supporting a global brand.
- Experience in the video/digital game, hobby game, toy, entertainment, or related field strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and passion for Magic required. Please specify any Magic specific experience/knowledge on your resume.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Expertise in developing leading edge consumer products, preferably games
- Expertise in communicating the strengths of a specific product to dependent teams downstream of production
- Ability to drive projects forward within a highly matrixed organization: ability to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to stakeholders and the ability to influence others to adopt his/her recommendations
- Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters
- Understanding of the challenges associated with being a global organization
- Well developed, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Power Point
- Experience working with international partners a plus
- Knowledge of the digital game and/or hobby game industries highly desirable
- Knowledge of and passion for Magic a huge plus. Please specify any Magic specific experience/knowledge on your resume.
Education and Training:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required, preferably with a concentration in Marketing, Business, or related coursework.
Travel Requirements (% of time per year)
- May require up to 10% travel time, including international travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Product Marketing, Product Development, Manager, Marketing Manager, Marketing, Research, Management
Date: Dec 20, 2018
Requisition ID: 9274