For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in. Help us by strengthening our very talented staff, including the BI analysts, software engineers, and digital marketers we’ve attracted as we expand our digital footprint.
What is this role all about?
You will be the technical expert for our scalable data platform. You’ll lead the charge to architect, design, and build the core infrastructure of our product so that it can handle the volume, variety, and velocity of the SQL traffic flowing through it. Additionally, you’ll deliver performance optimization, virtualization, and other value adds to the big-data ecosystem it is deployed in.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Design highly-scalable, reliable, and performant pipelines to consume, integrate and analyze large volumes of complex data using a variety of best-in-class proprietary and open-source platforms and tools
- Collaborate with team members, business stakeholders and data SMEs to elicit, translate, and prescribe requirement
- Manage complex and technical projects with a proven ability to simplify tough problems, track many moving parts across functional teams and business domains, and influence strategic direction
- Stay ahead of the technology curve and make recommendations about technologies to build current and future products
What Abilities and Experience does the Ideal Wizard have?
- 7+ years of IT data work experience, with at least 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies (either AWS or Azure)
- Familiarity with either Hadoop or Spark
- Experience with data integration tools such as Alooma or other standalone or integrated pipeline toolsets
- Experience with big data - if you’ve done game or app analytics, we want to hear about it
- Experience working in a DevOps environment responding to a system with 24x7 uptime
What can we offer you?
- Flexible schedules and four weeks of vacation to start, including a week between Christmas and New Years
- Subsidized on-site daycare for new families
- Free and discounted products
- The opportunity to shape and support games beloved by millions around the world
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Database, Engineer, SQL, Virtualization, Cloud, Technology, Engineering
Date: Sep 29, 2018
Requisition ID: 6495