Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Technology
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Information Architect to join our Technology team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Develop and drive an Enterprise Information Management Program that leverages and safeguards information assets that are critical to Wizards’ global business. Contribute value and progress towards WotC’s Enterprise Architecture. Build and maintain an excellent EIM practice by establishing highly effective, mutually beneficial relationships with the business, analytics and product development teams that are delivering WotC’s platform and gaming services. Engage with Product Management and Engineering to fully understand how to develop business value through telemetry based decision making. Participate in growing Wizards of the Coast's DevOps and Agile methodologies.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Build a cohesive EIM program by gaining an in-depth understanding of WotC’s information inventory and business drivers. Follow by driving a structured, transparent implementation of the capabilities required for WotC to deliver our business strategy through
• Builds consensus around and develops a roadmap to identify and prioritize EIM related investments
• Drives technology recommendations that will support WotC’s EIM capabilities
• Provides oversight and guidance to the teams that manage and analyze WotC’s data assets
• As a key member of the senior technology leadership team at Wizards, this position reports to the Sr. Director – Architecture and Systems Design and sits on the Architecture Technology Council
• Member of the WotC Security Steering Committee
• Participates in building and maintaining WotC’s business capabilities models along with the EA and Business Architect.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Enterprise Architect
• Directors of Product Management
• Senior Technology Producers
• Principle Engineers
• Infrastructure Engineering
• Architecture Technology Council
• Sr. Manager, Continuous Delivery
• Sr. Manager, Enterprise Tools/Apps
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 5+ years technology and architecture experience on enterprise or large consumer scale systems
• 10 years of experience in information architecture, governance and strategic road mapping.
• 5+ years as a senior programmer or data scientist
• Experience with online gaming or other high volume, consumer experience platform services a major plus
• Experience designing instrumentation and data mining solutions on modern, service oriented platforms.
• Experience with Data Virtualization and PaaS.
• Strong, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Possesses broad, current knowledge of WotC’s standard technologies
• Persists the enterprise technology vision when managing the solution space
• Effectively determines, understands, and satisfies business requirements
• Clearly communicates risks and appropriately escalates issues to management
• Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
• Familiar with wide range of architectural patterns, tools and methodologies
• Extensive knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
• Ability to manage, support and motivate senior technologists
• Ability to grasp and distill highly complex data modeling and correlation
• Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary groups including technical, marketing, finance, and customer experience
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's Degree or commensurate experience
• Up to 5%
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast