Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game, Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games, and the Transformers TCG has an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer, New Product Development to join our Transformers Brand team.
- Create new Transformers TCG packaging, card frames, symbols, and designs
- Contribute to the design of Transformers TCG graphical representation
- Review and approve packaging, card art and card frames at various stages of their completion
- Assorted other graphic design and art management tasks as assigned
- Are you excited about contributing to the design and production of new Transformers TCG sets?
- Are you able to scour graphic and artistic elements to ensure consistency and correctness of visual information?
- Do you have top- notch, proactive verbal and written communication skills?
- Are you committed to flexible thinking and finding creative, efficient solutions?
- Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
- Takes direction from the Transformers TCG Art Director
- Works closely with Story & Worlds Team
- Works closely with Imaging and Typesetting Teams
- Communicates regularly with Game Designers, Editors, Brand Managers, and Project Managers
- Do you work well with others? Are you a great collaborator?
- Can you respect the opinions of others while promoting a shared vision?
- Do you enjoy working and thrive without constant oversight?
- Are you adept at balancing aesthetic and production considerations?
- Can you keep the important details in focus while guiding the larger project to on-time completion?
- Are you familiar with the materials and manufacturing processes related to consumer packaging/products?
- Does your design work engage consumers while maintaining focus on meeting brand goals?
- Are you comfortable communicating storylines using modern commercial illustration as your medium?
- Either of the following two areas of knowledge are preferred:
- Are you a fan of gaming (big plus for tabletop gaming!)?
- Are you a fan of Transformers – (big plus for G1 or Generations!)?
- Can you use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign like a pro? Microsoft office? FileMaker Pro familiarity a big plus.
- Are you proficient and up-to-date with current design practices and trends?
- Do you give useful, actionable feedback to coworkers?
- Link to online portfolio at time of application submission required.
- Have you been a graphic designer for 2 or more years with experience in illustration, icon and packaging design?
Job Segment: Graphic Design, Product Development, Supply, Creative, Research, Operations
Date: Jan 2, 2019
Requisition ID: 9359