Bring Your Brain….. Executive Producer
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Producer to join our Digital Publishing team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
Wizards is looking for an Executive Producer to help grow our Digital business. The successful candidate will have a strong mix of creative, technical, innovative, and managerial experience from the video game and online entertainment spaces. As the EP, you will be responsible for bringing to reality the product vision for one or more digital games, as well as managing multiple external relationships across the game development community, while building profitable hits in alignment with Wizard’s digital strategy.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD:
- Own and execute against product P&L, Budget and business objectives
- Continuously refine, track and manage Product P&L as developed with Vice President, DGD against business strategies and objectives
- Tightly manage budget across all cost centers allocated to the project P&L
- Own production schedules, risk mitigation and maintain clear visibility with management w/respect to project status, schedule risks and potential strategies to balance product scope, quality and timeliness
- Own and drive the vision for assigned products, balancing the Business, Design and Production management perspectives to deliver an optimal balance of creative design, user experience and science into game development within all stages of the product lifecycle
- Maintain business and product plan developed with VP, Digital Game Development, through clear product status awareness and visibility with senior management
- Provide creative solutions to conflicting objectives, providing direction to all product teams around relative priority and quality requirements
- Work with studio department leads to leverage and improve production pipelines, people and processes to drive velocity and quality with increasing effectiveness
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure the product is integrated into appropriate player ecosystems and WOTC publishing platform to support end-to-end user engagement.
Organization and Management
- Directly manage discipline leads on the product (engineering, design, art, UI, production) to drive a unified leadership for the product throughout every stage of development and live operation.
- Manage, develop and inspire team leaders and members while creating strong positive relationships with the entire staff, as well as peers
- Attract, develop, inspire, and lead high performers, creating a culture that motivates and retains world class talent required for success and improve best practices
- Strategize with leadership in evolving Wizard’s digital development studio, talent and capacity
Product Strategy & Advocacy
- Own and represent product vision and status at all levels of the company, including WOTC and Hasbro Leadership, while building WOTC confidence and excitement around the managed game
- Build AAA games via understanding of best in breed analytics, creative, product, talent and user experience design
- Plan and Execute - use project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality.
- Team Player – Collaborate with all levels within the organization to assist in solving higher level complex project management issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of all aspects of game production (management, planning, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, technology, design, art, audio, localization, QA)
- Strong experience in overseeing published game titles, live services, and games as a service across multiple client platforms
- Experience formulating product messaging and marketing plans, as well as experience with a wide range of business models and monetization methods
- Strong knowledge of the game market and gaming platforms (PC/Console)
- Work collaboratively with team leads to clearly define project scope and schedule and effectively communicate to all team members
- Extraordinary communications, project management, and relationship-building skills
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels
- Experience running P&Ls and operating budgets for a game or studio
- Adaptability and ability to collaborate and lead a distributed team
- Enjoys an interactive and agile work environment and collaborates well with various work styles
- Ability to effectively manage projects under deadlines and in complex and fluid business environments
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Prior Related Experience:
- Experience within publishing organizations and external development methodologies.
- 10+ years relevant work experience including a minimum of 3 years' experience as an Executive Producer on a shipped AAA game
- Experience in bringing highly valuable established entertainment brands to AAA games
- Leadership experience including significant exposure to senior levels of management
Standard office environment including stand up/sit down desks, Ability to travel (25% of time)
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Engineer, Supply, Quality Assurance, QA, User Experience, Engineering, Operations, Quality, Technology
Date: Sep 18, 2018
Requisition ID: 6952