Bring Your Brain...
We'll Supply the Dragon!!
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
- An experienced and passionate esports professional?
- Excited to join a team dedicated to leveraging Magic: The Gathering’s 25-year history in competitive gaming and catapulting it to new heights in esports on its new digital platform, Magic: The Gathering Arena?
- Experienced in collaborating with esports organizers who design and execute world-class esports events and programs?
- Adept at combining your vision with the insights you gain from listening to others to navigate a way forward in partnership to create joint impact?
- Excited about working on a lifestyle game that has been a part of gamers’ lives for 25 years, and to make it a part of their lives for 25 more?
Then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to consider. We’re looking for an Esports Partnerships Manager for Magic: The Gathering Arena. As part of the esports team, you will work in collaboration with a team of esports professionals to design and execute best-in-class esports programming for MTG Arena. Your impact will be in creating and executing on partnerships with people and organizations outside of Wizards to deliver an outstanding esports experience for our fans and deliver tangible business impact for Wizards and our partners.
At Wizards of the Coast, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Esports Partnership Ownership
- Drive and advocate vision for Magic: The Gathering Arena esports to potential partners and collaborate on win-win esports programs
- Manage day-to-day relationships with key partners as it relates to MTG Arena esports programs
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and impact of partner MTG Arena esports programs as part of the larger MTG Arena esports ecosystem
- Internal Cross-functional Leadership
- Lead internal cross-functional teams in executional support of partner esports programs, defining project objectives, schedules, resource requirements, budgets, and deliverables
- Partner with business, content, and franchise teams to ensure that sponsors and partners are fully integrated into the Arena esports programming
- Create and deliver reports and presentations on the impact of partner esports programs
Esports Research and Design
- Maintain intimate knowledge of the global competitive landscape, including awareness of industry, its trends, competitive intelligence and best practices
- In collaboration with the wider esports team, evolve the MTG Arena competitive gaming scene, looking for new competitive structures and innovative ways for competition, ultimately creating meaningful experiences across all levels of competition by developing engaging content and programming that will appeal to existing and new audience
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 5+ years’ experience in games, entertainment, sports, or related industry, including roles in esports program management experience
- Experience working on live events, tournaments, and/or live broadcasts
- Proven experience working for or with professional esports organizations, preferably in support of AAA game titles
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work with members across the organization
- Understanding of collectible and trading card game tournament structures
- Deep comprehension of various components that make up an esports program
- Strong knowledge of the esports and competitive gaming industry
- Strategic thinker with ability to manage multiple projects under deadlines and in complex and fluid business environments
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
Travel Requirements (% of time per year)
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Manager, Program Manager, Supply, Franchise, Management, Operations, Research, Retail
Date: Dec 6, 2018
Requisition ID: 8901