Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Product Management - Monetization to join our Digital Publishing team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Director, Product Management - Monetization has the right mix of formal business management skills, passion for gaming, and experience in a high-tech, creative environment. You will be responsible for designing and driving Acquisition, Retention, and Monetization (ARM) strategies for our portfolio of digital games. You will work with game teams to drive best practice strategies in envisioning, evolving, and operating monetization and meta-game strategies across some of the most revered game franchises around the globe. In this role, you will work with designers and producers to represent the voice and needs of our players while targeting the intersection of revenue generation and quality experience.
With the goal of reaching the business and quality goals of each game, you will work with internal and external teams at both strategic and execution levels partnering primarily with the business intelligence, marketing, customer service, community management, design, creative, and user experience teams across Wizards of the Coast.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and expertise in defining and operating online free-to-play games and have a deep understanding of the player interactions within those products at the both the individual and community levels. Ideally, the candidate will have expertise in managing a small team of direct reports, ensuring team goals and vision are defined and met.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Work with game teams to define, optimize and implement key game features that further the overall strategic vision of the product including maximizing acquisition, engagement, and monetization.
- Set requirements and create specifications for ARM features; drive and operate the resulting initiatives.
- Analyze the competitive landscape, and benchmark Wizards monetization against competitors.
- Leverage analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor game performance, tune mechanics, and identify new features to impact KPIs
- Develop testing and experimentation methodologies; analyze data generated from live environments and partner research teams to optimize price points and model the impact of new game features.
- Work closely with marketing, community, public relations (PR), editorial, web, and mobile to help develop and execute publishing strategies in support of content releases and ongoing player engagement;
- Create, balance and optimize economy models for virtual economies.
- Track performance daily, communicate results to internal and external stakeholders and propose new designs and/or modifications accordingly.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 5+ years working in a business or product role supporting AAA products
- 4+ years’ operating live digital products
- Successfully shipped at least 3 high performing digital games
- Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insights
- Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; able to communicate effectively with software developers and business leaders alike
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups
- Proven ability to exert influence without authority
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Passionate about digital games
Education and Training:
- BA/BS degree in Math, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.