Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The DevOps Engineer's role is to analyze, design, implement and validate strategies for both on-prem and cloud-based infrastructure services while DevOps Engineer will participate as part of a product development team to design and deliver new products and services. The DevOps Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Research, design and develop automation method to support the platform provisioning, maintenance and operations of large-scale products and services.
- Designs and develops high-performance and highly available groups of servers for resource-intensive network applications in cloud-based infrastructure.
- Assist in-house product teams with regularly scheduled product builds and deployments and hotfixes as needed.
- Collaborate with offsite and offshore engineering resources to knowledge share and provide incident/request assistance as necessary.
- Works closely with technical staff to solve operational issues with our services, tools and infrastructure.
- Plans and implements system security configuration, to include access control, host and client access, file permissions, and user accounts.
- Collaborate with solution architecture to devise infrastructure solutions most suitable to meet system requirements.
- Develops best practices, operational procedures and design documentation.
- Plans and coordinates system utilization, and performs growth analysis and capacity planning.
- Reviews current systems and makes technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Maintains understanding of emerging architecture concepts and methods and associated technology trends. . .
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
- Maintains current knowledge of marketplace and technology changes pertinent to server, storage and network virtualization and cloud computing
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills with a methodical approach to problem resolution across large scale distributed platforms
- Strong presentation skills
- Lead and mentor colleagues
- Work under continual deadline constraints
- Adapt to fluctuating team priorities and organizational directions
- Work independently as well as with a team
- Work effectively with diverse groups of people
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- 5+ years working with mission-critical, high transaction volume consumer facing systems
- Experiences with automated infrastructure service provisioning and deployment on cloud services such as Azure and AWS with extensive knowledge of Service Fabric on Azure
- Extensive experiences working with a large heterogeneous Windows and Linux environment
- Scripting experiences with one or more of PowerShell, Ruby, and Python.
- Experiences automating IT workflows or runbooks
- Designing and implementing tailored infrastructure solutions for software development studios
- Architecting and implementing configuration management, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recover design, planning and implementation.
- Knowledge of datacenter infrastructure services including HTTP/S, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP.
- Knowledge of windows services including active directories
- Familiar with the ITIL framework and software development methodology such as Agile/Scrum
- Familiar with concept of continuous delivery and integration.
- Familiar with puppet, chef and other configuration management tools
Education and Training:
BA/BS degree desired or equivalent year-for-year work experience.
Cloud certifications from AWS or other major cloud providers desired.
Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Segment: Engineer, Cloud, Product Development, Supply, Engineering, Technology, Research, Operations
Date: Jul 17, 2018
Requisition ID: 5238