WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
- Greetings, brave adventurer! We're looking for a CRM wizard to join the ranks of our marketing guild and help build the future of the realm. Ready to slay retention dragons? Venture forth. Wizards of the Coast, creator of Magic: The Gathering and publisher of Dungeons & Dragons, is seeking a customer relationship manager to oversee implementation and optimization of our strategy to increase retention, engagement, monetization, and reactivation. You should have experience in CRM that includes: HTML and CSS, basic SQL, implementation and optimization of automated campaigns, managing multi-channel marketing campaigns (email, mobile push, and in-game messaging), owning personalization and targeting of content at scale, and tracking and reporting results with an understanding of great data visualization.
- As a CRM team, we agree on two guiding principles:
- Data can (and always should) be used to make the experience for our players more positive, and
- A data-informed culture is better than a data-driven one.
- If these sound like concepts you can rally behind, come adventure with us.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- You develop, implement, and optimize multi-channel campaigns across email, push, and in-product ads.
- You leverage your expertise with marketing automation tools to build and refine behavior-based messaging triggers across the player journey.
- You keep KPIs top-of-mind, analyzing CRM performance and identifying targeted actions with a test-and-learn mindset.
- You identify trends and insights in performance data on a day-to-day basis, working with the team to develop new optimization opportunities.
- You develop campaign briefs and work with internal design and development resources to create best-in-class CRM assets.
- You identify best practices and techniques both inside and outside the digital and tabletop gaming industry.
- You design, build, and maintain a scalable creative testing and performance reporting repository that can be shared out and used as a point of historical reference and a guide for best practices.
- You regularly collaborate with developers, data analysts, and product marketers.
Am I Qualified? (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Must have 5+ years of experience in a CRM role
- Must have expertise with HTML and CSS
- Experience working with CRM and mobile marketing automation software
- Industry experience in digital and/or tabletop games
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Empathy for gamers and the global gaming community
- Strong analytic skills and experience with data-informed decision making
- SQL skills preferred
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment
- Playing games is in your DNA
Education and Training:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required, preferably with a concentration in marketing
- Up to 10%
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Developer, Web Design, Marketing Manager, Manager, Database, Technology, Creative, Marketing, Management
Date: Jan 13, 2019
Requisition ID: 9479