Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Role-playing Games has an exciting opportunity for an Attorney to join our expanding legal team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living. This position will be located at our global headquarters in Renton, Washington. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
The Attorney will provide legal support for multiple segments of Wizards’ business, including technology and global marketing and brand teams. The Attorney will counsel clients on a broad range of legal issues, including intellectual property, technology, licensing, marketing, advertising, promotions, contract interpretation, and will facilitate internal policy creation and implementation.
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Work directly with and communicate legal issues to clients, and anticipate follow-up needs.
- Partner with key clients to proactively identify and further business strategies.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of agreements including complex technology and commercial transactions.
- Advise technology, marketing and brand teams on various issues including product development, platform services, brand management and advertising.
- Provide client education and training on relevant legal issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in negotiating and drafting a variety of business and corporate agreements.
- Understanding of copyright, trademark, and trade secret law.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Possess client relations skills, business sense, and the ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
- Flexibility and willingness to independently navigate areas of unfamiliarity.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize a substantial and diverse workload and complete tasks within deadlines.
- Comfort with a collaborative and creative environment is essential.
Prior Related Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a law firm or in-house law department.
- Experience with technology and commercial transactions supporting consumer-products, platform services, e-commerce, or retail businesses.
- Understanding of marketing and promotional law a plus.
- Experience with software as a service agreements a plus.
- Experience in brand and licensing related matters a plus.
- Prior in-house experience a plus.
- J.D. from accredited law school with excellent academic credentials.
- Bar membership must be in good standing.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.