WHAT IS THIS ROLE ABOUT?
The Associate Community Manager will inform and engage Magic: The Gathering Arena players and be a valued voice of players at Wizards of the Coast. The ideal candidate has successfully grown and influenced online gaming communities, has a passion for Magic: The Gathering, and is curious and collaborative when facing challenges and opportunities alike.
This position will be responsible for keeping Magic: The Gathering Arena players informed on updates, changes and new play experiences, listening and sharing community feedback and conversation, and providing insights and counsel to the cross-functional MTG Arena team. The Associate Community Manager will collaborate closely with colleagues in game support, R&D, and the Digital Studio among other teams.
The Magic Communications team strives to be that knowledgeable and welcoming gaming friend we’ve all had who keeps Magic fresh and fun for everyone. We make sure current fans around the world are engaged and informed about what’s going on in Magic, and we welcome new fans to the party by introducing them to new experiences and people.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Inform and engage Magic: The Gathering Arena players through forums, social media channels, streams and other venues
- Proactively keep leadership informed of community conversation and make recommendations when challenges and opportunities arise
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 2+ years of experience building, engaging and growing online communities, ideally in the gaming industry
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Familiarity with gaming culture, streaming and Magic: The Gathering required
- Proven ability to work independently, in a team environment, and across departmental lines
- Excellent communications and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
Education and Training:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Familiar with all major social networks and content platforms
- Familiarity with Sprinklr a plus but not required
Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.