WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Art Outsourcing Manager is primarily responsible overseeing the visual direction of art created by vendors outside the studio and ensuring that it meets the quality and aesthetic goals set by the project leads within the Studio.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Review deliverables for quality and accuracy and provide feedback to vendors.
- Coordinate the production of art assets through 3rd party vendors, including concept, environment, character, UI, and animation assets.
- Responsible for shepherding and improving the art production pipeline between internal and external productions and enforcing the process throughout the project cycle.
- Collaborating with Producer and Art Leads to understand and communicate the visual goals of the project externally and maintain consistency of this vision with outside vendors and teams.
- Organize internal feedback and sign-off procedures and act as the primary point of contact for communication with Outsource Vendors.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- At least 5 years prior game industry experience.
- Proven track record of working with an established AAA franchise.
- Shipped a minimum of 2 video game titles as a 3D artist.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with external vendors.
- Proven multi-platform experience.
- Previous experience as an artist a plus.
- Demonstrated success in vetting external parties for viability and quality and making recommendations on choice of external vendor.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Experience with outsourcing, managing external creative vendors or teams.
- Reviewing and recommending fixes/improvements to models, textures, materials.
- Balancing deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements of a title's art direction.
- Working cooperatively with artists, programmers, and designers.
- Demonstrable competence in problem solving, with an ability to overcome any resistance, setbacks, and obstacles that may arise.
- Strong understanding of the art creation process from an aesthetic, pipeline, and technical standpoint.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through its entertainment labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 5 on the 2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past seven years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).