For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
You will be the producer for the analytics team, which is involved in almost every aspect of the company. From launching new products to optimizing existing ones, we provide the research and insight to help our stakeholders reach the right decision. You are the one responsible for producing those insights.
What will you be doing?
- Maintain communication within the team and with external teams
- Work with external teams to define and meet project deadlines
- Work directly with the director of analytics and the senior manager to prioritize the team’s goals against emergent work
- Regularly report project status and make corrective actions as needed
- Identify potential problems and address them before they become critical
- Ensure all project documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Iterate on process and product deliverables to drive incremental improvements
- Minimizes disruptions to the team’s sprint cycles
What would make you a great fit?
- Passion for helping people and teams succeed
- Prior experience producing an analytics or other technical team
- Demonstrable track record of steering projects to completion on schedule
- Familiarity working within an Agile framework. Scrum Master Certification a plus
- Expertise with JIRA, Confluence, Tableau, Git and Jenkins in order of importance
- Understanding of analytic workflows, games as service, and the development life cycle of games
- Proficient communication and presentation skills
- Experience in building wireframes, GDDs, TDDs, and product specifications/requirements
What we are Offering you?
- The most exciting time to join Wizards of the Coast in its 25-year history
- Meaningful work on challenging projects that deliver value to the entire company
- A team of professionals who value the contributions and expertise a producer can bring
- A technical conference of your choosing (within budget) each year
- 5 weeks of PTO with an additional week off between Christmas and New Years
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT THE TEAM?
We are a mix of data analysts and scientists from all walks of life. We’ve worked previously at Activision, ArenaNet, Facebook, King and Jam City and had professional careers in economics, physics, and marketing prior to joining the gaming industry. We have academic publications as well as presentations at conferences such as GDC and Gaming Analytics Summit. We are defined by our common principles:
- We are stewards of facts
- We are passionate about games
- We believe solid analysis leads to better decisions
- We listen and learn
- We are inclusive and respectful
- We expect greatness
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Social Media, Physics, Marketing, Research, Science
Date: Feb 5, 2019
Requisition ID: 9973