Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Creative
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Video Producer to join our Creative and Art Production Services (CAPS) Team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Video Producer will work with the brand, creative, and production teams to create brand video content spanning broadcast, digital, and non-broadcast. They will interact directly with Magic Brand, Magic Digital, Wizards Play Network, Dungeons & Dragons Brand teams on anything in the plan that Creative Services is responsible for executing. The Producer will be responsible for managing production budgets, resources, and delivering against an agreed upon schedule. The Producer will manage assignments given to other resources (associate producers, editors, artists, vendors) as needed. The Producer will be responsible for multiple productions at any given time, and will work with Creative, Production and Post teams to efficiently and effectively manage their projects through the pipeline to deliver on time, on budget, and on message.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Discovery & Consulting
• Collaborate with other team members to conduct discovery meetings to flush out project requirements & limitations.
• Assist with producing ballpark time & money estimates drawn from prior experience to aid planning & decision making.
• Assist with estimating resource needs based upon project work assignments
• Assist with Budget forecasting
• Collaborate with other team members to determine video needs; conceive, produce, edit and ready video for production or presentations.
• Solicit bids, negotiate and review contracts and create project synopsis for outsourced production work.
• Communicate and obtain sign off on budget (hours, costs)
• Production planning & scheduling
• Script & VFX breakdowns
• Source and gather visual assets needed to produce videos within budget and on schedule. Work with stakeholders to attain and create visual assets including shots, artwork, logos, text treatments, supers, and animations.
Production & Post
• Supervise Shoots
• Post files for review
• Collect, distil, and distribute feedback
• Combine patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot client issues
• Updating information or records
• Compiling data or facts
• Leads update meetings
• Coordinate with project manager and business affairs for contracts and legal review; work with project manager on and purchasing to create POs, handle billing, and reconcile invoices.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 4+ years of progressive experience in broadcast/film/TV/digital content production.
• 2+ years in a producer role
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Visual storyteller who can effectively use cinematic techniques to solve communication challenges.
• Knowledge of broadcast standards & specifications, and industry regulations & best practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to grasp new ideas and integrate them into desired results.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to coordinate several tasks simultaneously.
• Expertise in transforming a vision into actionable plans.
• Expertise in managing internal and external partners.
• Strong negotiation skills.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Cinema, Broadcasting, Advertising, Marketing, or related field strongly preferred.
Travel Requirements (% of time per year)
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 6 months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time. Able to work on-set/on-location during shoots; standing, walking, and sitting for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast