Technology Producer, Live
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Technology Producer, Live to join our Digital Gaming Development team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Lead assigned cross-functional development efforts on one or more Wizards of the Coast Digital Games; delivering the business vision, goals and priorities driven by the Executive Producer and in support of goals and activities driven by the Senior Producer. In this role, you will drive the production and technology direction of post deployment tools and lead cross-functional teams to support and maintain an excellent customer experience. You will oversee the daily production of features and functionality of projects in flight and manage delivery within established scope, schedule, and budget.
In partnership with other Product leadership, the Producer oversees daily production efforts focused on development tools, pipelines and production activities that deliver on the design, business and operational goals for the product.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and expertise in the post deployment support for one or more shipped video games through cross-functional management of multi-disciplinary teams focused on delivering expanding and maintaining excellent customer experiences.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS WIZARD
• Works with internal and external resources to facilitate the generation of development-ready, functional requirements and specifications to create realistic production schedules with detailed milestones and deliverables
• Manages the implementation of functional and technical requirements for major/minor enhancements and feature developments from the product’s development and evolution
• Supports enhancement of product and features of our games through analytics, QA processes and validation
• Ensure assigned development goals and milestones are established, agreed upon, and achieved.
• Help identify and facilitate process, pipelines, and dependencies to enhance effectiveness between multiple team disciplines
• Accountable for live operations of assigned digital services, products, games
• Works with applicable key contacts in Design, Engineering and Content development to ensure objectives, strategies, and tactics are carried out in accordance with the Product planes and objectives
• Leads and drives the development and implementation of new features, functionalities, products and games as defined in relationship with product leadership supporting established business goals
• Directs/manages/coordinates cross-organization efforts to communicate, triage and resolve issues identified via internal / external customer communication to digital services, products, games, and features in a timely fashion
• Ensures features, functionality, and user experience meet the business requirements
• Manage expectations and timely communications with regards to status of Production Environment.
• Provide clear usability and stability trends / metrics to the Production team and upper management
• Maintain regular communication between team members, management and other groups
• Ensures that internal and external developers and other production resources meet deliverables and receive all necessary technical information.
Leadership / Management:
• Provide strong leadership to the team by giving clear guidance, instructions and tasks
• Manages / coordinates cross-organization execution efforts to ensure all relevant internal and external parties are apprised of plans and development schedules in regards to digital services, products and games
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Brand Managers
• UX Designers
• UI Designers
• Visual Designers
• Digital Art Directors
• Mythical Creatures
• Game Designers
• Technical Analysts
• Software Developers
• Software Testers
• Project Managers
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 4+ years experience working as a Producer on an internal development team within the video game industry
• 1+ years experience supporting a project in a live production environment
• 1+ years working with a Project Management Software such as Microsoft
• Project, Jira or similar required
• Shipped at least 1 videogame in a Production capacity
• Prior production experience in online gaming
• Strong understanding of QA and QA Processes
• Experience collaborating with all levels on an organization
• Experience triaging / prioritizing emergent issues in 24/7 production environment
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• You’re a gamer. You eat, sleep and breathe games
• Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
• Highly capable with requirements analysis, software development, databases, hardware, quality assurance, and technology operations
• Strong production tool skills including mastery of Microsoft Office, and basic QA/Scrum tools
• This position requires a strong independent worker who is self-motivated
• Superior scheduling, organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast paced studio environment. Must be ready embrace ambiguity and take action.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's of Arts or Sciences or commensurate game industry / technology production experience
• Up to 1-3 trips per year to attend conferences or meet with vendors
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast