Technology Producer, Core Services
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Technology Producer to join our Core Services team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards Core Services builds and maintains a service oriented architecture publishing platform that runs Wizards competitive play and game applications. Provide a focal point of leadership for the technology and cross-functional business teams when driving technology product development. As a Technology Producer, you will be expected to develop a deep knowledge of the products and agile product development processes in order to ensure that technical solutions meet business objectives. You will partner with the Product Manager in feature prioritization, tradeoffs and other business decision-making, and serve the technical team while working through the agile software product lifecycle. You will lead between one and three teams at a time. You will work closely with your team, consisting of a Product Manager who represents the product features and a number of software developers, quality assurance engineers, designers and various technical and business stakeholders, as well as vendors. You will be expected to orchestrate the efforts of these various roles and groups and look for gaps and opportunities to deliver and maintain products within constraints.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS WIZARD!
• Works with internal and external resources to facilitate design, development, testing and release of product features
• Assists Product Manager in developing, prioritizing and communicating requirements
• Acts as Scrum Master for one or more product teams to remove impediments and ensure commitments are delivered on time
• Helps identify and facilitate processes, pipelines, and dependencies to ensure cross-team effectiveness
• Accountable for on-time delivery of sprint commitments
• Works with stakeholders to ensure technical solutions meet product requirements
• Manages and coordinates cross-team and cross business unit communications to ensure successful delivery of releases
• Provide clear metrics to the Production team and upper management on state of team and process
• Maintain regular communication between team members, management and other groups
Leadership / Management:
• Sets team pace and esprit d’corps to develop and maintain a highly effective team
• Resolve disputes, balance work and ensure environment is conducive to high achievement
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Cross-functional business and technical stakeholders from all corners of the organization
• An agile team of software, quality and operations engineers
• Other members of the production team – product managers and producers.
AM I QUALIFIED
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 4+ years experience working as a Producer on an internal development team within the video game industry
• 2+ years experience in a production leadership role, delivering software
• Must have delivered multiple technical products from start to finish, such as web sites, applications or back-end services
• Experience collaborating with all levels on an organization
• Experience with web, app or back-end technology projects
Knowledge, Characteristics and Abilities of the Ideal Wizard
• Prior work with game publishing platforms, eCommerce solutions, account systems, game launcher applications or analytics highly desirable
• Knowledge of system architecture and software development – you do not need to be a developer, but you need to have experience delivering software projects
• Experience with SDLCs, especially Scrum, is a plus
• Ability to craft and deliver crystal clear status reports, verbal updates and presentations
• Desire to raise the quality of the team by both serving and motivating
• Ability to lead a meeting and a team
• Effective leadership skills
• High motivation to deliver excellence
Education & Training:
• Bachelors Degree or commensurate work experience
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast