Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Product Manager to join our Table Top Product Engineering Team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Technical Product Manager has a mix of business management skills, passion for customer-centered solutions and a deep technical knowledge of the supported products and agile development processes in order to ensure that technical solutions meet business objectives. You will drive feature prioritization, tradeoffs and other business decision-making, and serve the engineering team while working through the agile lifecycles.
You will work closely with the product engineering team, business stakeholders, BI teams and third party software teams. You will engage closely with business stakeholders to understand the business objectives and develop and iterate on a product road road map that supports the business objectives and delivers best-in-class solutions for one of the most revered game franchises in the world.
You will gather requirements and clearly define problems and work with the product engineering team to ensure solutions created by the team delight our stakeholders and users.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and expertise in the displine of pragmatic product management and building trusted relationships and has experience working with modern software development teams. You embody the principles of continuous improvement and data-informed design. You thrive in an environment of collaboration, mutual respect, and straightforward communication.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Collaborate to define the product vision, strategy and business model
- Work with internal and external resources to establish detailed and prioritized business requirements and critical feature sets and translate them into user stories.
- Work with the engineering team to estimate and scope projects to facilitate the product roadmap dicussions with business stakeholders.
- Prioritize maintenance and development efforts for assigned products and services.
- Use analytics to assess products and processes from a competitive and best practices standpoint, recommending improvements aligned with business objectives.
- Lead teams to envision new product features to optimize impact.
- Develop strategic product roadmaps, success criteria, and mechanisms to track the technical and financial health of products under your purview.
- Ensure assigned development goals and milestones are established, agreed upon, and achieved.
- Help identify and facilitate process, pipelines, and dependencies to enhance effectiveness between multiple team disciplines.
- Accountable for live operations of assigned digital services, products, games.
- Work with applicable key contacts in Design, Engineering and Content Development to ensure objectives, strategies, and tactics are carried out in accordance with the Product plans and objectives.
- Lead and drive the development and implementation of new features, functionalities, products and games as defined in relationship with product leadership supporting established business goals.
- Ensure features, functionality, and user experience meet the business requirements.
- Develop and groom the product backlog and build and groom enough stories to feed execution teams.
- Protect the user experience and project objectives in the face of changing business and technical environments.
- Manage expectations and timely communications with regards to status of Production Environment.
- Provide clear usability and stability trends / metrics to the Production team and upper management.
- Maintain regular communication between team members, management and other groups.
- Ensure that internal and external developers and other production resources meet deliverables and receive all necessary technical information.
Leadership / Management
- Provide strong leadership to the team by giving clear guidance, instructions and tasks.
- Provide direction to Producers and Project Managers to ensure implementation plans for assigned products, and services achieve defined success criteria.
- Manage / coordinate cross-organization execution efforts to ensure all relevant internal and external parties are apprised of plans and development schedules in regards to digital services, products and games.
- Represent the product to stakeholders in reports and meetings, including demos and presentations.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 4+ years experience working as a product manager on an internal engineering team.
- 1+ years experience supporting a products in a live production environment
- 1+ years working with a Project Management Software such as Microsoft Project, Jira or similar required
- Released multiple products in a Production capacity
- Prior production experience in online gaming
- Strong understanding of QA and QA Processes
- Experience collaborating with all levels on an organization
- Experience triaging / prioritizing emergent issues in 24/7 production environment
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- You’re a gamer. You eat, sleep and breathe games
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
- Highly capable with requirements analysis, software development, databases, hardware, quality assurance, and technology operations
- Strong production tool skills including mastery of Microsoft Office, and basic QA/Scrum tools
- This position requires a strong independent worker who is self-motivated
- Superior scheduling, organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast paced studio environment. Must be ready embrace ambiguity and take action.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.