WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
WotC is looking for a talented and passionate Technical Director to join our publishing team and help build an organization which can publish multiple games to be released on PC, consoles, and mobile. This position will work directly with multiple external development teams, the executive team, and production on planning, architecture, management, and implementation of diverse game titles.
With a technical background and proven game development experience, the Technical Director is uniquely qualified to understand the big picture of game development. This position requires expert knowledge of the entire game development pipeline and will provide technical insight and guidance from the concepting phase of projects through release. The TD would work with development teams as an independent auditor, consultant, and director.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Act as a first point of contact, outreach, and technical due-diligence for outsourced technical resources, development partners, and vendors.
- Coordinate technical knowledge and the exchange of resources across WotC and external developers including first party manufacturers.
- Oversee all internal and external project dependencies, risks and critical paths; ensure contingency plan is in place; recommend solutions and approve plan & timelines; understand overall impact on all stakeholders.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- At least 7 years of leadership experience in the games industry and preferably 2 years of more in a similar role.
- Multiple games shipped in a Director/Lead Engineer role
- Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to relate complex technical concepts to business leaders
- Familiar with multiple 3D engines (Unity3D, Unreal 4, proprietary, etc...) and programming languages (C#, C++)
- Expert knowledge of interactive software production processes, timelines, tools and methodologies
- Comfortable managing through influence and indirect authority
- Good understanding of PC and mobile gaming industry, development, platforms, and ecosystems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster positive relationships
Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Manager, Management
Date: Oct 5, 2018
Requisition ID: 7522