Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Technology
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a SharePoint System Administrator to join our I&O team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
The Systems Administrator manages all aspects of the SharePoint environment, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security of the portal. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of SharePoint and other collaborative tools within the organization. Administrator must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly charged and fast paced environment.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Architect and maintain multiple SharePoint Online sites within the enterprise.
• Design SharePoint sites and site templates based on business requirements.
• Aid in the design and specifications of new systems infrastructure initiatives.
• Create policy, procedure, knowledge base, run books, and design documentation for SharePoint and related technologies.
• Produce and work with the business to adopt service level agreements (SLAs) for SharePoint at WotC.
• Design and develop customized forms utilizing SharePoint InfoPath and SharePoint workflows in order to provide automated solutions for business processes.
• Utilize PowerShell scripts for SharePoint administration, day to day routine tasks, reporting, and solution deployments.
• Work with business stakeholders to design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would make the SharePoint environment a more effective solution.
• Examine requirements documents and create technical design documents, unit test, system test and implementation plans for small to complex projects.
Address escalated issues:
• Assist the Desk side team, when needed, in order to resolve end-user client issues.
• Serve as an escalation point for Tier 2 and Tier 3 representatives on the Engineering and Support teams.
• Propose, recommend and implement improvements in terms of technology, services/products/options, pricing plans and costs, or policies and procedures. Propose alternative methods for improving performance and/or reliability of the existing systems/security infrastructure.
• Provide end-user documentation to include how-to guides, training guides, and frequently asked questions (FAQs).
• Provide hands-on training for new site features and capabilities
• Investigate, test and evaluate new products and services; remain informed and aware of new technologies, new service offerings and alternatives.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Years of experience required
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:.
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365.
• Experience with PowerShell and automating SharePoint administration and workflows.
• Strong written and oral communications.
• Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
• Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and deployment
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to conduct and direct research into IT solutions and products as required.
• High level of self-motivation
Education and Training:
• 3+ years of experience administrating SharePoint farms.
• 3+ years of experience developing SharePoint sites and collections.
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast