Sr Visual Effects (VFX) Artist
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Visual Effects (VFX) Artist to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards is looking for talented artists to produce industry-leading visual effects for Wizards of the Coast digital products. Combines deep technical proficiency and excellent aesthetic sensibilities to create what others can only imagine. Able to utilize a variety of tools to create performance and visually stunning effects. Works closely with the Art Director and UX Designers to combine visual direction with the information needs of the game content.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD!
• Work with Art Director to set game asset prioritization, process and procedures
• Work with designers, engineers, and other members of the scrum team to gather, clarify, and visualize asset requirements for everything from individual features to entire game style guides.
• Create original VFX, game piece animations, and ambient scene assets that are implemented in Unity and create amazing experiences for players even after hundreds of viewings.
• Create visual benchmarks to ensure you are creating a unique and remarkable user experience
• Work with the Art Director to own the vision for VFX assets and scenes to adapt them to both the needs of development iteration and live game feature addition and change.
• Innovate on new asset types that merge beautiful visualizations with elegant information designs for information dense games.
• Optimize game assets and implementation as needed for both performance and platform specialization.
• Mentor other artists in the techniques and best practices of VFX visualization so that the entire art team gains in skill and appreciation for the discipline.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Senior Creative Art Director
• Creative Director
• Game Designers
• Visual Designers
• Software Developers
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• Experience in balancing conflicting priorities of visual quality, CPU and memory performance, and development time, in producing the best results for the project
• Experience and proficiency with dynamics tools like Houdini, Flame, or similar
• Experience with Popcorn VFX
• Experience with Maya, 3DS Max, or similar
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Passion for gaming and game development
• Strong drive for artistic growth and maintaining currency with evolving technology
• Impressive portfolio featuring a variety of sophisticated VFX creations
• Strengths include animation, and creation of sprite pages
• Additional ability with shader creation, modeling, and painting is a plus
• Self-motivating and excellent time management
• Exceptional problem solving skills in devising visual solutions for design challenges
• Fundamental understanding of user-centered design, and how it relates to visual asset production
• Good communication and teamwork skills
• Proficiency with shader creation with tools like ShaderForge
• Drawing and painting skills, with proficiency in Photoshop
• Asset integration and management with Unity
Education and Training:
• High School Diploma
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast