Sr. Technology Producer
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Technical Producer to join our Architecture and Systems Design team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Lead assigned Infrastructure Management production teams through development and support of infrastructure services following the ITIL framework; delivering the business vision, goals, and priorities established by Product Management. In this role, you will set clear production and technology direction, leading cross-functional teams to meet product vision and goals. You will be accountable for delivery within established scope, schedule, and budget.
With the goal of delivering business value and product management vision, you will work with internal and external teams in the areas of Product Management, design, engineering, architecture, and PMO at both strategic and execution levels partnering primarily with Product Managers, Architects, Software Engineering Managers, Quality Assurance Managers, and Program/Project Managers.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and expertise in driving successful execution for one or more ITIL or Cloud integrations through cross-functional management of multi-disciplinary teams focused on delivering amazing customer experiences on-time and within budget. The candidate will have expertise in managing a small team of direct reports, ensuring team goals and vision are defined and met.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Planning - Elaboration
• Works with internal and external resources to facilitate in-depth technical, functional, and architectural design documents and create realistic production roadmaps with detailed milestones and deliverables.
• Drives development and maintenance of Roadmaps for the Infrastructure Vertical
• Drives development of infrastructure capabilities models
• Develops, maintains and communicates the architectural and technical vision of assigned infrastructure services and capabilities.
Delivery - Production Management
• Leads and drives the development and implementation of new infrastructure services for WotC’s digital services and games as defined in relationship with the Product Management team to grow revenues and/or customer/consumer engagement.
• Aggregates and develops requirements and drives the Service Strategy for Infrastructure in support of WotC’s ITIL integration.
• Directs/manages/coordinates cross-organization efforts to develop, release, run and maintain assigned digital services within budget and on schedule.
• Accountable for quality of delivery and live operations of assigned digital products, and services. Ensures features and functionalities, user interface and experience meet the business requirements.
• Ensures that internal and external developers and other production resources meet milestones and receive all necessary technical information.
Leadership / Management
• Sets and is accountable for driving the activities of the Infrastructure Analysts for the assigned infrastructure services.
• Manages development and live operations production resources. Solicits, hires and manages third party resources engaged for development and production. Attracts and develops outside product development/engineering talent.
• Directs/manages/coordinates cross-organization communication and execution efforts to ensure all relevant internal and external relevant parties are appraised of plans, schedules for the development, production and live operations of assigned digital products and services.
• Reports to the Director and Executive in charge and delivers updates to the executive management team
• Serves as a resource to other product managers, assisting them in the resolution of semi-complex problems or may lead them on larger projects.
People and Resources
• Provides input to associate producers, leads, and other team members
• Has input on and supports management of budgetary items such as project costs, headcount, training, hardware, and software
• Identifies and prioritizes the key issues that must be addressed for projects to succeed
• Works with teams to identify, analyze, and resolve project problems
• Conducts progress and deliverable reviews during development and adjusts scope and schedule accordingly
• Manages schedules, facilitates the gathering of requirements and specifications
• Works closely with other managers and project leads to ensure that the entire project life cycle is a quality process
• Contribute to Wizard’s digital future execution plans, and is empowered to execute using production management strategies approved by VP of Technology and the Sr. Director – Architecture and Systems Design
• Drives the use of standards; including project, program, architecture, and SDLC standards
• Participates in Business process review and redesign
• Implements and tracks related process improvement efforts
• Identifies and communicates organizational and process solutions to mitigate risks
• Establishes processes and work assignments
• Identifies leading-edge techniques and methodologies for their area of expertise
• Serves as liaison with other teams’ Product Management and Technology Teams
• Submits weekly and monthly communiqués to stakeholders
Tools and Technology
• Project Management Software
• Bug Tracking and Workflow Management Software
• Content Management Systems
• Microsoft Office suite of tools
• VMWare suite of tools
• Project or program budgets
• Budget forecasting and management for $2m+
• Works with Finance on viability for new contracts/products and assists in the development of CAPEX and OPEX forecasts
• Controls costs/resources under their responsibility (has product budget responsibility, not authority)
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Infrastructure Engineering and Operations Directors
• Infrastructure Architect
• Infrastructure Management and Continuous Delivery teams
• Live Operations teams
• Game Support
• Customer Service
• Managed Services
• Professional Services
• Project Management Office
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 5+ years working as a Producer, or similar, managing external and internal development teams and/or production management teams
• 4+ years business development or licensor/licensee relations experience
• 2-4 years experience with project budgetary processes, profit, loss, and return on investment required
• Successfully shipped at least 5-7 digital products or services in a lead role
• Experience with project management software such as Microsoft Project or similar required
• Must have shipped 4+ AAA games
• Must have worked on at least one major game platform
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Particular knowledge of ITIL framework and full lifecycle management of infrastructure and platform services.
• Practical knowledge of infrastructure and platform services. Experience with both internal and external cloud capabilities.
• Particular knowledge of continuous delivery and product delivery models.
• Practical knowledge of infrastructure and platform services development and engineering models
• Practical knowledge of digital product SOA architectural patterns
• Experience incorporating insightful consumer understanding and analytical data into digital product and services planning, delivery and management
• Experience managing digital product and/or services lifecycle from design to launch and through post-launch live operations
• Experience leading directly and/or by influence cross-functional digital product and services development and operations teams in a matrixed/diverse organization
• Experience driving actionable plans aligned to strategic vision and goals
• Capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Highly creative, resourceful, and visionary
• Experience working with international partners a plus
Education and Training:
• Bachelors degree preferred. Masters degree is ideal. However, five or more years of infrastructure and platform management or equivalent technology production experience would be an acceptable substitution
• Must have a deep understanding of product delivery and support methodologies within the spectrum of the Digital organization’s development processes
• Highly capable with requirements analysis, software development, databases, hardware, quality assurance, and technology operations
• Experience reconciling iterative software development with a waterfall project methodology, or combination of waterfall and agile (network, infrastructure, or widely cross-functional) is highly desirable
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast