Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Producer to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards is looking for an inspiring Senior Producer to lead the Magic: The Gathering Online production team as we deliver the most comprehensive digital Magic: The Gathering experience to our most passionate players. The ideal candidate is a passionate, talented, experienced individual with a proven track record of leading production teams to global success and who is eager to join us in our drive to elevate both Magic Online and Wizards’ digital efforts to be best in class.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Lead, coach, and inspire the Magic Online production team, while creating strong positive relationships with internal and external partners
- Deliberately balance the needs of the players, the studio and the business using data-informed decisions
- Deliver results despite circumstance, leading Magic Online to continuously exceed business objectives while improving and evolving the production process
- Coordinate and oversee the planning and scheduling of production team to ensure excellent logistical execution for every release, including requirements gathering, design, milestones, and delivery on time and under budget
- Act as the primary technical contact for Magic Online live operations
- Represent the voice and the face of the game internally at the company, and externally to players
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
- Executive Producer – Reporting directly
- Product Management – Ensuring communication with design, and alignment with project vision
- QA and Development – Team managing the production of card sets, features, and sustainment initiatives
- Dev Operations – Team managing the database, network, platform, and tools for Wizards’ digital initiatives
- Wizards (company-at-large) – Multiple points of contact and coordination across all business and creative verticals
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
The successful candidate will have a strong mix of creative, leadership, technical, innovative and managerial experience from the live services gaming space.
- Self-driven, high-initiative individual who leads by example and fosters an ownership-mindset in the team but is willing to act when needed
- Demonstrable experience as a Producer delivering regular features and updates for live service games, software-as-a-service teams, or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing development and project plans
- Experience leading, motivating, and driving teams to success in the live service game or software-as-a-service industries
- Excellent problem solving and issue management skills, including managing service outages in real time, any time, day or night
- Expert communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation, change management, and conflict resolution skills
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Extensive soft skills in dealing with the demanding circumstances of a live service game
- Proven hard skills in core production areas including planning, scheduling, production definition, business unit operation, and data-driven optimizations
- Demonstrable understanding of development frameworks, including experience reconciling iterative development with waterfall development.
- Ability to personally craft summaries and pitches for a variety of initiatives and customers
- Skill at managing difficult communication situations with executives, partners, and the team at large
- May require 2-4 trips per year to attend conferences or meet with partners
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Supply, Database, Product Manager, Senior Product Manager, QA, Operations, Technology, Quality
Date: Oct 24, 2018
Requisition ID: 7809