For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in. Help us by strengthening our very talented staff, including the BI analysts, software engineers, and digital marketers we’ve attracted as we expand our digital footprint.
What is this role all about?
You will be joining a tabletop development team and help to redefine technology and software engineering at Wizards of the Coast. As our newest Sr. Software Engineer, you will work on services and tools used by our game development partners both internal and external, as well as player facing web applications. We’ll call on your to be a leader, but you’ll still keep your coding skills sharp as you bring your web development expertise to the team.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Provide a level of technical leadership to a strong and motivated team, helping direct their work and mentor junior engineers
- Design and code technical solutions, keeping the tabletop team in alignment with OOP patterns and SOLID principles
- Work with Product and Development managers to plan sprints
- Perform troubleshooting / analysis of your team’s code
What Abilities and Experience does the Ideal Wizard have?
- 5+ years of software development experience in developing and maintaining world class web UI
- You do your best work when you get to own the product from elaborating on needs with the customer to automating the deployment of the application
- Knowledge of microservices and distributed systems is a plus
- Skilled in web development and OOP
- We use Vue.js on the frontend, and are using Kubernetes, Docker, .NET Core, and AWS for backend services. Experience with any of these is a plus
What can we offer you?
- Flexible schedules and four weeks of vacation to start, including a week between Christmas and New Years
- Subsidized on-site daycare for new families
- Free and discounted products
- The opportunity to shape and support games beloved by millions around the world
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Date: Sep 24, 2018
Requisition ID: 6954