Sr. Software Developer - Unity Shaders and Graphics
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain….. Sr. Software Developer
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Developer – Unity Shaders and Graphics to join our MAGIC: The Gathering Arena team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Magic: The Gathering Arena team is looking for a Shader expert to inspire and facilitate the execution of AAA art features. In this position, you'll be a leader in developing the shader and material pipelines for Magic Arena, working in an Agile team that focuses on empowering creative solutions to often-ambiguous problems. In close collaboration with a team of other developers, designers and artists, you'll be one of the main drivers of technology designs and decisions within the team.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Collaborate with the Art Team to continually push the visual quality of our games
• Identify bottlenecks in our art pipeline
• Communicate and iterate on technical designs and decisions with the team.
• Provides reasonable estimates of time and materials required to complete vision and scope goals outlined by Development Manager
• Code reviews, debugging and troubleshooting in a large, established code-base / analysis of your and other team members code
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• 5+ years object-oriented design experience
• 3+ years of experience creating and shipping games
• 3+ years of experience in Unity3D development
• 3+years of experience working with shaders in Unity3D
• 3+ years working with C#
• 3+ years working with .NET
• Successfully shipped multiple games in Unity
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Game development experience with multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, etc.)
• You could write a book about Shader Lab
• Working knowledge of Unity toolset and plugins
• Expert knowledge of implementing rendering solutions, shaders and effects in Unity
• Experience optimizing and profiling graphics performance
• Ability to write readable and maintainable code
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles
• Mentors and guides junior-level team members
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast