Bring Your Brain….. Sr Software Developer
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Software Developer to join our Tabletop Engineering team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
You will work on services and tools used by our game development partners both internal and external, as well as player facing web applications. This includes customer and developer portals, web-based client applications, and browser workflows embedded in game clients. You will be involved at every stage of application development from defining requirements to supporting a live application. You will provide technical leadership for current generation web development and be the subject matter expert for everything Web/UI related on our team. You will be joining a tabletop development team and help to redefine technology and software engineering at Wizards of the Coast. Come join us!
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Directs the work of a team of software developers
- Designs and codes technical solutions the tabletop team in alignment with OOP patterns and SOLID principals
- Works with Development Manager and Product manager to ensure sprints are well groomed and planned ahead of the team
- Responsible for code reviews, unit testing, troubleshooting / analysis of your and other team member code
AM I QUALIFIED?
- 6+ years of software development experience in developing and maintaining world class web UI.
- You continually improve your skills and stay abreast of new technologies.
- You have broad familiarity with available concepts and patterns, and acquire a deep understanding of the tools you use every day.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can work on a wide variety of technologies and applications.
- You do your best work when you get to own the product from elaborating on needs with the customer to automating the deployment of the application.
- You strive to build the simplest solution possible for the task at hand.
- Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Demonstrated ability to socialize knowledge and best practices.
- Knowledge of microservices and distributed systems is plus.
- Experience with or interest in full stack development is a plus
- We are using Kubernetes, Docker, .NET Core, and AWS for backend services. Experience with any of these is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Embedded, Application Developer, .NET, Technology, Engineering
Date: Sep 24, 2018
Requisition ID: 6954