Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Software Engineer to join our Digital Publishing team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As the Sr Software Engineer, you will develop services and SDKs to enable our publishing partners to create connected experiences for our players. You will work with developers who are building online games, supporting both client SDKs (currently Unity) and diverse server technologies.
You will be helping to redefine technology and software engineering at Wizards of the Coast. Come join us!
AM I QUALIFIED?
- You continually improve your skills and stay abreast of new technologies.
- You have broad familiarity with available concepts and patterns and acquire a deep understanding of the tools you use every day.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can work on a wide variety of technologies and applications.
- You do your best work when you get to own the product from elaborating on needs with the customer to automating the deployment of the application.
- You are experienced with at least one major public cloud and designing the infrastructure footprint of distributed applications.
- You strive to build the simplest solution possible for the task at hand.
- You have used a variety of technology stacks and can select the best tool for the task at hand based on informed tradeoffs.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- We are using Kubernetes, Docker, Go, .NET Core, and AWS. Experience with those is a excellent. Familiarity is a plus. Experience with at least similar tech is necessary.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.