Sr. Product Manager
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Technology
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Product Manager to join our Core Services team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As Senior Product Manager for Wizards Core Services, you will own the service platform that runs the back-end of organized play apps and certain game features. This position does not work directly on applications or consumer-facing UIs, but instead works with the product owners of those apps and games to ensure high quality end-to-end features from the data to the application. The Core Services platform includes dozens of n-tier architecture back-end services that feed data and functionality to our applications.
As senior product manager, you will be expected to develop expert knowledge of the products within your domain and agile product development processes in order to ensure that the product has a vision, a roadmap and meets business objectives. You will work with producers and scrum teams while you prioritize features, make tradeoffs and other business decisions, groom the product backlog and ensure the technical teams have a clear understanding what they are expected to build, while you write stories, review sprint work and ensure that everyone is working towards the most important goals. You will report on the progress of your products that are under development to stakeholders and executives. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the design quality of the features that you own for the service platform.
You will work with multiple teams which include a technical producer, and a number of software engineers, quality engineers, designers and various technical and business stakeholders.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
Planning – Product Lifecycle Management:
• Work with stakeholders to ensure product objectives, strategies and features are in alignment with company goals.
• Work with Producers, Architects and BSAs to develop enough specifications to begin working.
• Establish detailed and prioritized business requirements and critical feature sets for assigned products, projects, and services based on business objectives and market insights.
• Prioritize maintenance and development efforts for assigned products and services.
• Provide direction to Producers and Program/Project Managers to ensure implementation plans for assigned products, and services achieve defined success criteria.
• Analyze and assess products and processes from a competitive and best practices standpoint, recommending improvements aligned with business objectives.
• Develop strategic product roadmaps, success criteria, and mechanisms to track the technical and financial health of products under your purview.
Delivery - Production Management:
• Deliver or help deliver one or more projects at a time.
• Develop the product backlog and build and groom enough stories to feed execution teams.
• Understand and be accountable for the features of the platform.
• Follow the agreed-upon software development lifecycle methodology, and be a leader and champion of it.
• Represent the product to stakeholders in reports and meetings, including demos and presentations.
• Protect the user experience and project objectives in the face of changing business and technical environments.
• Ensure the backlog is constantly groomed at an expert level.
Leadership / Management:
• Serve your technical team.
• Be reliable and proactive.
• Work cross-functionally to solve problems.
• This position may have direct reports.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Cross-functional business and technical stakeholders from all corners of the organization
• An agile team of software, quality and technical operations engineers
• Producers, Project Managers and other project leads
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 7+ years of experience building, delivering, launching or maintaining web sites, applications, web services or service platforms.
• 5+ Demonstrated experience designing, building or managing technical, back-end web services.
• Experience incorporating insightful consumer understanding and analytical data into product/project/service planning and management.
• 5+ Experience managing complete product/service lifecycles through initiation, launch, updates, maintenance, and end-of-life.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Knowledge of SDLCs, especially Scrum or Kanban, is a plus
• Ability to craft and deliver strategic reports, roadmaps and presentations
• Ability to lead a meeting
• Effective leadership skills
• High motivation to deliver excellence
• Desire to raise the quality of the team by both serving and motivating
Education and Training:
• Education or experience with web, app or back-end technology projects
• Scrum training (CSM, CSPO) a plus
• BA, BS degree, or commensurate work experience
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 6 months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast