Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Game Producer to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards is looking for an inspiring Senior Game Producer to level-up the production standards, live-service resilience, and teamwork power of MTG Arena. The ideal candidate is a passionate, talented, experienced individual with a proven track record of leading teams to global success, someone who is eager to join us in our drive both MTG Arena and Wizards’ digital efforts to higher and higher levels.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
- Lead, coach and inspire direct-reporting Producers, while creating strong positive relationships with the entire team
- Deliberately balance the needs of the players, the studio and the business using data-informed decisions
- Deliver results despite circumstance, leading the MTG Arena to continuously learn, grow in skill, and best the competition with every release
- Coordinate and oversee the planning and scheduling of the leads and production team to ensure excellent logistical execution
- Champion MTG Arena across Wizards of the Coast, and drive and communicate the long-term roadmap for the products in relevant forums
- Represent the voice and the face of the game internally at the company, and externally to players
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
The successful candidate will have a strong mix of creative, leadership, technical, innovative and managerial experience from the live services gaming space.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Senior or Lead Producer
- Self-driven, high-initiative individual who leads by example and fosters an ownership-mindset in the team.
- 5+ years of experience developing and executing game project plans
- 5+ years of experience leading, motivating and driving teams to success
- Expert communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing medium-large internal teams or development studios within the video game industry (Software Engineers, Artists, Designers, Audio Specialists, Senior Project Managers, Associate Producers, etc.)
- Strong negotiation, change management, and conflict resolution skills
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Extensive soft skills in dealing with the demanding circumstances of a live service game
- Proven hard skills in core production areas including planning, scheduling, production definition, business unit operation, and data-driven optimizations
- Demonstrable basic technical ability to maximize the personal and team use of production software
- Ability to personally craft summaries and pitches for a variety of initiatives and customers
- Skill at managing difficult communication situations with executives, partners, and the team at large
Education and Training:
- College Degree
- SCRUM certification
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Supply, Change Management, Operations, Management
Date: Jul 30, 2018
Requisition ID: 5544