Sr Game Designer
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Sr Game Designer to join our Digital Publishing team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards of the Coast is looking for a Senior Game Designer for its Magic: The Gathering digital games.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You embody the principles of continuous improvement and data-informed design. You thrive in an environment of collaboration, mutual respect, and straightforward communication.
You will be responsible for designing and driving Retention and Monetization for our digital games. Working with internal and external game teams to drive best practice strategies in envisioning, evolving, and operating digital games across for one of the most revered game franchises around the globe. In this role, you will work with designers, engineers and producers to represent the voice and needs of our players while targeting the intersection of retention and revenue generation.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Work with game teams to design, optimize and implement key game features that further the overall strategic vision of the product maximizing retention, acquisition and monetization
• Set requirements and create specifications for ARM features; drive and operate the resulting initiatives
• Benchmark and analyze strategies of competitive games
• Leverage analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor game performance, tune mechanics, and identify improvements to impact KPIs
• Analyze data generated from live environments and partner research teams to model and optimize the impact of new game features
• Create, balance and optimize economy models for virtual economies
• Track performance daily, communicate results to internal and external stakeholders and propose new designs and/or modifications accordingly.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 5+ years designing digital games
• Shipped at least 2 high performing digital games
• 2+ years optimizing live games
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Retention and monetization design expert who knows how to integrate both for a fun user experience
• Strong attention to detail and understands the importance of balance and strong system design
• Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable insights
• Strong modeling skills and a master of Excel
• Able to communicate complex concepts, projected performance, and risks to team and senior management
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast