Sr. Game Designer
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Game Designer to join our Digital Game Development team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Provides design guidance for new Magic digital products and detailed feature design for features within those products. If you are a game designer who loves Magic wants to help create awesome new products and experiences that enrich the Magic experience while working with fantastic people at Wizards of the Coast, then this is the job for you.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard
• Creation of all types of design documentation including concept pitches, ecosystem designs, full feature specifications, feature curation, and UX storyboards
• Independently design new features or systems, including all documents, reference, and models, for a variety of strategy games
• Mentor other designers and team members in the fundamentals of elegant design, feedback triage, and adaptive design
• In an Agile development environment, ability to act as a Product Owner for a single Scrum Team
• Represents DGD as an expert on gaming industry trends, technical aspects of game design, and Magic gaming consumer needs
• Deliver the design and guide the implementation of game features and systems with an eye for engagement, retention and monetization
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Works under the direction of the Design Architect, DGD to achieve primary goals
• Collaborates with Producers and SCRUM masters to lead a product Scrum Team
• Work closely with partners in R&D, CAPS, Brand, and Marketing, and other departments in order to ensure that DGD efforts fit a broader strategy to improve Magic as a whole
• Participates in analog R&D design, creative and development teams and processes as assigned/necessary.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 5+ years of overall game design/development required
• 5+ years of passion and history involved with Magic or other TCGs as a player required
• 5+ years of experience with different game genres and platforms preferred (e.g. RPG, social, online subscription)
• At least 5+ years experience game designing with at least 2 successfully shipped titles
• Experience implementing designs in Unity or similar engine
• Live services support
• Experience acting as a Product Owner in an Agile environment
• Experience in feature design, and be able to create fun gameplay that drives social engagement
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• In-depth knowledge of Magic’s digital offerings
• Able to function and lead in an Agile development environment
• Able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, UX, production and business personnel
• Desire to create the best-in-class game in this genre and a passion for Magic The Gathering
• Strong knowledge of scripting languages and an ability to create working prototypes
Education and Training:
• Bachelors Degree or commensurate work experience
• Scrum Master or Product Owner certification is a plus
• Up to 5%
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 Months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Job Function: Digital Game Development
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast