Sr. Director User Acquisition & Digital Marketing
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Marketing, Brand & Community Management
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
Wizards is looking for a seasoned professional to lead User Acquisition – Digital Marketing for its new Magic: The Gathering digital games.
The Head of User Acquisition – Digital Marketing is a pivotal role in the marketing organization that directs the marketing strategy to expand the user base of Magic’s current and future digital games on PC and mobile.
At its heart, this role designs, develops and manages effective user acquisition strategies by combining earned and paid media, word of mouth and influencer marketing as well as direct marketing plans. It is also responsible of all the aspects of product marketing for each digital game to support awareness and acquisition campaigns as well as community building and activation. It is essentially driven by robust consumer insights as well as robust evaluation of data and analysis of performance with a constant focus on optimization of return on investment.
The ideal candidate brings a solid experience in mobile and PC games user acquisition including the management of multi-million dollars’ media budget and proven track record in designing and implementing successful user acquisition strategies for PC and mobile games with diverse business models (freemium, free-to-play, subscription). He/She brings a consummate knowledge and experience working with lead generation networks in both PC and Mobile space and how to best utilize their targeting tools. He/She possesses superior analytical skills and a passion for telemetry-based analysis and decision-making. The ideal candidate is also an inspiring leader with a proven ability to build, lead and grow teams in a fast-paced environment, lead through influence and motivate cross-functional teams. Knowledge of the Trading Card Game consumer is a plus but not a requirement.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard (Major Accountabilities – INCLUDE % OF TIME)
User acquisition strategy and management
• Lead the design and execution of targeted user acquisition campaigns mixing owned and operated, earned and paid media channels
• Lead the management external agencies and online/mobile ad networks to ensure a constant and growing flow of highly qualified players into the various digital games
• Lead the optimization of cost of user acquisition based on robust analysis of creative and media placement performance and targeted marketing ROI
• Partner with the business intelligence group to provide full attribution analysis per channel and recommendation for optimization based on business operating metrics
• Partner with the Brand marketing and Esports teams to develop integrated acquisition campaigns that fully leverage the Magic’s brand ecosystem
• Lead the product marketing strategy for each digital game including positioning strategy, go-to-market, publishing and on-going acquisition strategy
• Lead the design and execution of community development and out-of-game activation strategy including influencer/streamer user-generated-content strategy
• Partner with the Consumer Insights team and Executive Producers of each digital games to implement sets of detailed consumer-insights driven marketing requirements to develop player acquisition and out-of-game engagement and advocacy
Direct and funnel marketing
• Lead the design and optimization of the player experience from the source of acquisition to the point of entry into the game(s)
• Lead the funnel marketing strategy to maximize conversion from prospect to player
• Lead the direct marketing strategy to acquire, develop and/or re-engage active/lapsing players
• Recruit, develop and mentor a team of intermediate and junior level digital marketers.
• Report regularly to senior management on objectives and results.
• Act as a key contact for internal cross-functional teams and external business partners.
• Occasional travel required.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• Years of experience required
• 10 in marketing
• 5+ in mobile and PC user acquisition with proven track record in managing return on marketing spend (cost of acquisition / average revenue per players)
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Executive presence with superior communication skills
• Extraordinary analytical skills and hard data-driven thinking
• Superior ability to craft and communicate vision
• Creative thinker comfortable with disruptive fast-growth strategies and innovative business models
• Acute negotiator experienced with executive-level negotiation and deal-making
• Pragmatic and inspiring business leader with a passion for execution
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast