Sr. Cloud Engineer
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Technology
Bring Your Brain.....
We'll Supply the Dragons!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As a Sr. Cloud Engineer you will be part of a team that transforms how we make games. Using cutting edge technology, our Engineering Team works together to turn fantasy into real world solutions. The successful candidate isn’t afraid to set strategies and take risks. This role is an intricate participant on the product development team designing and delivering new products and services.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Design, develop and execute on our long range technology roadmap for cloud services using Azure, AWS and Service Fabric on Azure
• Conceptualize creative solutions and transform into solutions that meet our business objectives
• Designs and develops high-performance and highly available groups of servers for resource-intensive network applications in cloud-based infrastructure.
• Collaborate with offsite and offshore engineering resources to knowledge share and provide incident/request assistance as necessary.
• Plans and implements system security configuration, to include access control, host and client access, file permissions, and user accounts.
• Plans and coordinates system utilization, and performs growth analysis and capacity planning.
• Maintains understanding of emerging architecture concepts and methods and associated technology trends.
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, and Technology personnel at all levels of the organization
• Maintains current knowledge of marketplace and technology changes pertinent to server, storage and network virtualization and cloud computing
• Excellent analytical problem solving skills with a methodical approach to problem resolution across large scale distributed platforms
• Ability to adapt to fluctuating team priorities and organizational directions.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• 3+ years working with mission-critical, high transaction volume consumer facing systems
• Experiences working with a large heterogeneous Windows and Linux environment
• Scripting experiences with one or more of PowerShell, Ruby, and Python.
• Automating IT workflows or runbooks
• Designing and implementing tailored infrastructure solutions for software development studios
• Experience in architecting and implementing configuration management, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring.
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recover design, planning and implementation.
• Datacenter infrastructure services including HTTP/S, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP.
• Knowledge of windows services including active directories
• Familiar with the ITIL framework and software development methodology such as Agile/Scrum
• Familiar with concept of continuous delivery and integration.
• Familiar with puppet, chef and other configuration management tools
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast