Sr Analyst, Consumer Insights
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Marketing, Brand & Community Management
Wizards of the Coast is looking for a Senior Analyst to augment its Consumer Insights team. Using the best-available data and research, the Consumer Insights team provides actionable insights and business recommendations to shape our strategic planning, including product development, consumer marketing, and player lifecycle management.
In this role, you will leverage your strong creative and analytical skillsets to derive meaningful insights from our primary and secondary research material: gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data related to consumer behavior and attitudes, industry trends, and key competitors to provide actionable and predictive insights for our strategic business decisions.
You will also act as a strategic partner and Consumer Insights expert to departmental and regional leaders to develop their strategic growth plans.
The ideal candidate is an innovative, entrepreneurial leader who has practical experience in the digital and/or tabletop gaming fields synthesizing consumer insights and industry data to develop strategic business recommendations.
To be successful in this role, you must have practical experience understanding how consumers and gaming or entertainment products interact at various points of the engagement lifecycle. Strong familiarity with Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons is preferred.
Consumer Insights and Market Research
• Help shape the Consumer Insights strategic research agenda, aligned with business priorities and the needs (articulated and anticipated) of key stakeholders (marketing, R&D, etc.)
• Assist in the design of research studies, such as consumer segmentation, product usage, purchase intent, packaging, creative assets, brand strategy and positioning, and product/feature/design concept testing to support the global growth of our brands
• Recommend optimal approaches to insights initiatives and consumer sampling based on objectives determined in partnership with key stakeholders
• Partner with Marketing, Business Intelligence, and Product R&D leads to develop and deploy advanced targeting, insights, and analytics to augment our understanding of consumers
• Regularly meet with key internal stakeholders to share relevant historical and current findings, and to assess areas where additional consumer insights are needed
Analysis and Reporting
• Analyze global insights data, draft executive summaries, and present actionable insights and recommendations to senior management, internal stakeholders, and corporate partners
• Discover new growth opportunities through multi-dimensional research, identifying consumer segments/audiences who are under-served or considered "prime targets" for future products, services, or brand extensions
• Utilize syndicated third-party data and reports to answer business questions, provide competitor insights, and help determine potential product/marketing opportunities
• Monitor industry trends to develop relevant questions regarding motivation factors, pricing, product presentation, media influences, and technology usage
• Drive the continual augmentation and optimization of user acquisition, engagement, and monetization activities by regularly providing player lifecycle insights coupled with recommendations for how to capitalize on these opportunities
• Articulate the potential impact of insights-based business trade-offs as a key component in the development of the company’s strategic long-term plan
• Advocate for consumer insights initiatives and the integration of the “consumer voice” into organizational decision making
Leadership and Relationship Management
• Develop strong, collaborative working relationships with key business partners around the globe; customer-focused with a strong service mentality
• Foster and support a constant test / learn / innovate culture fed by fact-based consumer insights data and best-in-class research tools, methodology, and secondary research
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 7+ years of experience in a Marketing, Business Intelligence, Consumer Insights, or related experience within the digital gaming, hobby games, toy, or related entertainment field
• Very strong analytical and problem definition / solution skills
• Demonstrated experience in analyzing and synthesizing data across industry, competitor, consumer, and omni-channel insights, ultimately yielding actionable product and marketing recommendations
• Experience with both Primary and Secondary Research, including data systems, data analysis and insight development
• Passion for understanding consumer motivations and delivering exceptional user experiences
• Intellectual curiosity and a love of learning, with a relentless pursuit of innovation
• Ability to communicate complex ideas in an efficient and compelling way, with the gravitas to influence senior decision makers (internally and externally)
• Strong knowledge of Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons a huge plus
Education and Training:
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required, preferably with a concentration in Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Market Research, or related coursework
• MBA preferred
• 5-10% of time
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
• Standard office environment
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast