Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Unity Developer to join our Magic Digital team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Software Developer is responsible for helping design and implement client technology for Magic Digital. You will be working with the latest technologies including cloud and Unity. You will be working in an agile environment that promotes freedom of thought and rewards innovative ideas and creative solutions. You will be working closely with a team of other developers, designers and artists. You will be responsible for clearly communicating technology designs and decisions within the team.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and implements solutions for Magic Digital in alignment with architectural designs and program needs.
- Implements functional specifications on targeted platform and languages.
- Performs literate programming, using adequate commenting and documentation tools.
- Adopts industry standard and team-specific coding practices.
- Participates in code reviews, unit testing, troubleshooting / analysis of your and other team member code.
- Must be able to work with a variety of other departments to create technical requirements for the client.
- Develops client systems and help others to build those systems.
- Understanding the technical challenges that arise from developing on multiple platforms.
AM I QUALIFIED?
- 3-4 years object-oriented design experience.
- 1-3 years of experience creating and shipping games.
- 2-4 years of experience working on client side of a client/server architecture.
- 2-4 years of experience in Unity3D development.
- 2-4 years working with C#.
- 2-4 years working with .NET.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Game development experience with multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Unity toolset and plugins.
- Ability to write readable and maintainable code.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through its entertainment labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 5 on the 2018 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past seven years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).