Software Developer, Magic Digital
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain…..
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join our Magic Digital team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
This role is responsible for helping create the technology for Magic Digital. You will be working in an agile environment that promotes freedom of thought and rewards innovative ideas and creative solutions.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Develops functional / technical specifications based on vision and scope provided by the Development Manager, both alone and in conjunction with other developers and the Magic Digital Architect
• Designs and implements solutions for Magic Digital in alignment with architectural designs and program needs
• Implements functional specifications on targeted platform and languages
• Performs literate programming, using adequate commenting and documentation tools
• Adopts industry standard and team-specific coding practices
• Provides reasonable estimates of time and materials required to complete vision and scope goals outlined by Development Manager
• Responsible for code reviews, unit testing, troubleshooting / analysis of your and other team member code
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 3+ years of experience creating and shipping games
• 3+ years object-oriented design experience
• 3+ years working with C#
• 3+ years working with .NET
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Game development experience
• Ability to write readable and maintainable code
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles
• Help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise
• Experience developing UX for games is a plus
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Up to 5%
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• Expect candidate to be able to contribute to the system within the first month and be full productive in 6 months.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast