Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Technology
Bring Your Brain
We’ll Supply the Dragons!!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Information Architect to join our Core Services Engineering team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test on the Core Services development team, you must value high quality work, detail-oriented development, and team collaboration. We are looking for “smart and gets things done”. No spaghetti code or “it works on my box” here! You must demonstrate that quality code can be produced and maintained. As a part of Core Services, you will produce high quality code and products, participate actively in code reviews, and apply appropriate due diligence when determining root causes to bugs.
SDET, Software Development Engineer in Test, is part of the development team and participates in the complete development process. The SDET must be able to create high quality, maintainable, and performant code. The code generally created by the SDET however are for automated test cases and the frameworks to execute and report them. SDET's focus on testability, robustness, and performance, and reviews designs and non-functional requirements for production software.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard:
• Works with the performance test team in test design, execution, product/environment troubleshooting.
• Performs systems analysis, design, programming, maintenance, and time estimates for assigned complex software products.
• Works with managers to evaluate and make feature, schedule, and resource trade-off decisions.
• Writes logical code that is easily understandable with comments and documentation.
• Performs code and architectural reviews.
• Diagnoses and proactively proposes solutions for software issues across the system, and in-particular within components they work with regularly.
• Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of business, creative, and technology personnel at all levels of the organization
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• Development Manager
• Quality Engineering & Assurance teams and Leads
• Configuration Management team
• Software Developers
• Quality Engineers
• Technical Producers
• Project Managers
• Customer Service team
• Digital Operations team
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 3-6 years of hands-on software testing and automation experience.
• 6+ years working with C#, .NET Framework, and current-generation languages and platforms
• 6+ years of object-oriented design experience
• Experience working with WCF and Web API
• Experience working with Visual Studio and other industry standard IDEs
• Experience working with industry standard source control systems
• Experience working with industry standard defect tracking systems
• Experience interacting with SQL Databases and writing stored procedures
• Commitment to industry standard code practices and literate programming style
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in a dynamic environment
• Positive, can-do attitude a must
• Initiative and self-starting attitude a must
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or commensurate work experience
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 months
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast