Senior Program Manager, Magic Campaign
Location: WA - Renton
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: WOTC - Game Development
Bring Your Brain......
We'll Supply the Dragons!!
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Program Manager, Magic Campaign to join our PMO team.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Senior Program Manager, Magic Campaign at Wizards of the Coast works in a fast-paced creative environment to help ensure the company delivers immersive entertainment campaigns for Magic: The Gathering. Campaigns include the planning and execution of products and play experiences perfectly connected across all brand expressions. You will be responsible for the coordinated management of multiple business-critical projects that are directed toward a common objective. This includes developing schedules, identifying interdependencies, defining scope, managing risks and issues, monitoring budgets, and ensuring there is cross-company project communication.
You will manage multiple large complex programs that deliver the Magic: The Gathering entertainment experience to customers. You are responsible for determining and coordinating the sharing of resources among a large number of component projects to the overall benefit of the program. Component projects include campaign planning, analog product development, event deliverables, ancillary products, and digital game integration as part of campaign launches. You will drive customer and stakeholder satisfaction, ensure alignment of the individual projects with the program goals, as well as provide support and guidance on individual projects and to individual project managers. You will determine program and project management best practices for all assigned Magic Campaign projects. Your success is measured by the degree to which the program satisfies the needs and benefits for which it was undertaken.
Our ideal candidate is a strong leader with a well-established history in program and project management. You need to maintain a broad view but have the ability to go deeper into details if required. You understand and employ the fundamentals of what project managers do to run a project successfully. You use strategic visioning and planning to align program goals and benefits with the long-term goals of the organization. You understand the methodology of program management, including enhancements and improvement opportunities. You are able to resolve conflicts and direct individual project team members by providing specific work instructions if necessary. You are a persuasive, credible communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills. You are a motivated, enthusiastic team leader who is able to approach program management with a positive, optimistic attitude and work with all levels of the organization, from the Executive team to individual contributors.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS WIZARD
• Partnering with business owners, develop a viable plan using the goals and objectives, applicable historical information, and other available resources in order to align with the expectations of sponsors and stakeholders.
• Review and approve project plans for conformance to program strategy and program plan and schedule.
• Manage interaction between assigned programs and projects, including demand management, capacity planning, budget, risk, and benefits.
• Perform capacity planning and assist with resource management for constrained resources across the company.
• Supervise a team of Program Managers, a Portfolio Manager, Project Managers and contractors (as needed) including setting annual goals, performance measures, quarterly reviews and annual performance ratings.
• Identify training programs, team building exercises, career pathing and educational opportunities to maintain a motivated, top performing team.
• Prepare the PMO annual budget including travel, training, promotions and team building expenses.
• Ensure program sponsor clearly identifies opportunities and benefits to achieve the organization's strategic objectives through program implementation.
• Partner with program sponsor to define, create, maximize, deliver, and sustain the benefits provided by the program.
• Develop and maintain a benefits realization plan, including specific measures and controls.
• Capture and understand stakeholder needs, desires, and expectations and analyze the impact of the program or project on stakeholders, gain and maintain stakeholder support, manage stakeholder communications, and mitigate/channel stakeholder resistance.
• Develop communications management plans to address stakeholder needs and expectations, provide key messages in a timely fashion and in a format designed specifically for the interested parties.
• Set up, maintain, and carry out communications among stakeholders that are active, effective, and collaborative in nature.
• Maintain overall responsibility for each project’s progress measured by execution to specification, cost and schedule.
• Follow, and where applicable, adapt processes and procedures for maintaining program management oversight and decision-making support for applicable policies and practices throughout the course of the program.
• Manage all program activities related to program definition, program benefits delivery, and program closure.
• Develop, implement, and improve tools and processes that aid effective project execution.
• Manage change in order to control cost, resources, schedules, and quality.
• Address risks and issues by identifying and selecting a course of action by taking into account the constraints and objectives in order to enable continued progress.
• Maintain portfolio data for all active and proposed programs and projects, including key dates, risk mitigation, schedules, resource requirements, and status.
• Anticipate, identify and resolve conflict across teams.
Who Are the Other Wizards, Teams and Partners You Will Work With?
• The Senior Program Manager supervises a team of both Program and Project Managers to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of component projects and operations while working to ensure the ultimate success of the program and in support of the strategic objectives of the organization.
• Program Managers
• Project Managers
• R&D team
• Creative and Production Services team
• Marketing team
• Technology team
• Game Development teams
• Finance team
• Sales team
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
• 7–10 years program or project management experience required, 10+ years preferred.
• Experience working in digital gaming and/or technical project/program management field preferred.
• Experience working in a major scheduling tool required; knowledge of MS Project preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
• Proven track record of delivering successful multi-million dollar programs, including program governance, stakeholder management, and benefits realization.
• Proven track record of developing and implementing process improvements.
• Demonstrates expertise in program planning, capacity management, and risk management.
• Able to communicate effectively with Executives verbally, visually, and in writing.
• Creates clear, concise technical and financial reports using Excel and Word.
• Creates clear, concise presentation materials using PowerPoint and Visio.
• Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
• Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs.
• Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience
• MBA preferred
• PgMP or PMP certification preferred
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
• 3 Months
• Office environment, able to work on computer or phone for long periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Job Function: Game Development
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
Business Unit: Wizards of the Coast